WHAT TO EAT TO REPLACE THE SWEET TOOTH!!!!

Hi Everyone....

I am addicted to Chocolate and sweet things... what can I eat for alternatives?

Replies

• docHelen
    docHelen Posts: 198
    it's a tricky one. What i find works for me is the less sweet stuff i eat, the less i crave it....so just being really strong. if i try to replace it i want more.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Just eat less! Instead of a full size choccie bar at 300 cals, eat a fun size bar at 80! That way you keep the sweet things you like, but far fewer calories! That's what i do, and it's worked great! :D
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    I've never found a good replacement yet. I suspect heroin would work, but it's not exactly a sustainable solution!
  • alpen light summer fruits bars are quite sweet . . .
  • phoebe2488
    phoebe2488 Posts: 106 Member
    I drink the fat free cocoa mix. It's not something to eat, but it curbs me from eating a lot of calories in sweets. I drink a cup at night and throw on some fat free whipped topping. It's less than 50 calories and definitely cures my sweet cravings in the evenings. Yes, it still has some sugar, but it's better than chowing down a candy bar or something like that.
  • 1/2 cup libby's 100% pure pumpkin (NOT pie filling!) 2 packets stevia, 1/4 egg beaters, 1tsp baking powder, cinnamon, whisk all together in a mug and microwave for 2-3 minutes. top with sugar free maple syrup for a yummy 70ish calorie souflee =D

or make your own hot cocoa with water, stevia, and pure cocoa powder!

tea with honey also curbs my sweet tooth!
  • Brooke1585
    Brooke1585 Posts: 80 Member
    I personally love Skinny Cow products. Very yummy.
  • andrea_marie3
    andrea_marie3 Posts: 39 Member
    I go with chocolate milk...skim milk with light chocolate syrup (I actually like the taste better than the regular chocolate syrup). It helps and it's filling.
  • pineapple or red grapefruit work great for me! also the fiber one fudge brownies (the peanut butter kind tasted burnt to me)
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    I like:

Snack size Hershey Bar (or a small portion of whatever you like)

Jello sugar free chocolate pudding with Lite Cool Whip

Quaker Oatmeal Raisin 90 calorie granola bars (they have other flavors including chocolate chip but you'll have to check the calories)

Weight Watchers Snack Size Fudge Ice Cream Bars

Publix no sugar added yogurt (sweetened with Splenda - comes in various flavors)

Hope this helps!
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    I've switched to extra dark chocolate, rather than milk chocolate... took a while to get used to, but I now look forward to a square or two (OK... or three) after dinner. I also like Laura's Wholesome Junk Food Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bite-lettes (wow... that really rolls off the tongue! :ohwell: ) - they're really yummy and satisfy my need-to-eat-something-sweet-to-end-the-day kind of cravings.

Oops... and forgot the Fiber One peanut butter chocolate chip 90 calorie bars... those are super sweet (almost too sweet, actually) and tasty.
  • snack size bars are the route i have gone, if i eat one then i wait and the craving tends to go, all the ones i have in are 69-99 cals. I cant take out chocolate, that would just fail me on a diet within minutes! Stock up on the treat size nom nom nom!
  • Caerthilian
    Caerthilian Posts: 21 Member
    I think chocolate is definitely addictive, for me, anyway. If I eat it, i want more and more. If I stop, after a few days it doesn't bother me. I haven't had chocolate for months now and I don't miss it. I have sweetener in my tea, and i eat a lot of fruit. If the desire for sweet stuff gets really strong, I've found that a handful of walnuts and a teaspoonful of honey satisfies all cravings.
  • bryers carb smart almond bars 180 cal
    jello sugar free pudding boston cream pie 60 cal in ref rig section
    jello also has a box sugar free mix that is cheese cake flavor thats 25 cal per serving 1/2 cup (4 oz)
    i have to have my sweets too these work for me
  • ogottwald
    ogottwald Posts: 60 Member
    If you don't eat chocolate or candy for a couple weeks then eat fruit it will become your new sweet food (especially pineapple).
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    If you don't eat chocolate or candy for a couple weeks then eat fruit it will become your new sweet food (especially pineapple).

Either that, or you will get mad cravings and end up binging and falling off...
  • patricia184
    patricia184 Posts: 49 Member
    Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate! I like one square of Lindt dark chocolate with sea salt or low sugar cocoa at nite....and it's always at nite that I want it! Why is that?
  • have you tried anything from the Fiber One line of foods?

i love the bars...the Oats and Chocolate is like a candy bar...

the browies are also really good...i love them warmed up in the microwave with a teaspoon of Cool Whip...
  • longoverdue
    longoverdue Posts: 57 Member
    mini tootsie pops at 17 cals I can have one and not feel to guilty.
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Cakes in moderation :)
    Check out this site:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cooking-ideasHomemade-Healthy-Foods/179121125503371

Hi Everyone....

I am addicted to Chocolate and sweet things... what can I eat for alternatives?