hello

Options
My name is angela and I am attempting to loose weight for the first time in my life. I have always been slim but over the last few years I have put on that spare tire everyone hates, not to mention the thunder thighs and cauliflower butt. So far I have been on my fitness pal for six days and have been a lot more active then I was. I even went tobogganing !!!! I have been averaging 1000 calories a day but have no idea if I lost any weight because I refuse to buy a scale. I feel like have but I don't think I wanna know. Anyways, Good luck to everyone !

Replies

• spillian
    spillian Posts: 5
    Options
    My name is angela and I am attempting to loose weight for the first time in my life. I have always been slim but over the last few years I have put on that spare tire everyone hates, not to mention the thunder thighs and cauliflower butt. So far I have been on my fitness pal for six days and have been a lot more active then I was. I even went tobogganing !!!! I have been averaging 1000 calories a day but have no idea if I lost any weight because I refuse to buy a scale. I feel like have but I don't think I wanna know. Anyways, Good luck to everyone !
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou:

I would say you need to up your calories a little. Second use a tape measure and check you measurements. That way you can track some progress and it helps keep you motivated. It is great to have you.

Good luck:bigsmile:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Thank you:flowerforyou: Maybe just use a tape measure instead of a scale would help you see how much you have progressed? It sounds like you are succeeding your goal good luck.:drinker:
  • dgrotefend
    Options
    Hi Angela,

Welcome! I just started today. I agree with Eve, you really should up the calories just a bit. If you go into starvation mode, your body will CLING to your fat supplies. Trust me, I know.

Also, the tape measure is a great idea. At least you can see for yourself it your losing without having to get on the scale.

Good luck :flowerforyou:

Dianne