Need Recipe ( high protein, high fiber blueberry muffin)

Options
qingwang2011
qingwang2011 Posts: 23 Member
Hey guys,
I am pretty carb sensitive but I love muffins. I would really appreciated if you guys can give me a high protein, high fiber blueberry muffine recipe. Preferby, easy to bake to haha..I'm a newbie to baking.
Thank you

Replies

• IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Awesome fact: You can replace the fat in a cake/muffin recipe with pureed fruits or vegetables. Its a little different texture, but very yummy. It's the theory behind carrot cake and pumpkin bread, foods that no one finds hard to get along with.

You can puree fresh/frozen blueberries, or use something else like pumpkin or squash to replace part or all of the butter. Use butter instead of shortening to grease the muffin tin, so there is a butter taste right when you put it in your mouth, with minimal calories added.
  • leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy

10556624.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • kantone999
    Options
    Here ya go! Be sure and watch the muffins--products with honey brown faster than sugar. These will last longer too--honey is a humectant and keeps baked goods fresh longer.

Ingredients
    • 1 cup lowfat milk
    • 1 cup quick cooking oats
    • 1 egg
    • 1/2 cup blueberries
    • 1 cup all-purpose whole grain flour
    • 1/4 cup honey
    • 2 teaspoons baking powder
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
    2. In a small bowl, combine milk and oats; let soak for 15 minutes.
    3. In a separate bowl, beat egg. Stir egg in oatmeal mixture. In a third bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir flour mixture into wet ingredients, just until combined. Add blueberries, just tossing to coat. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups until cups are 2/3 full.
    4. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
  • kantone999
    Options
    P.S. You can also use Bob's Red Mill 5-grain cereal in place of oats for even more fiber and a variety of grains. Soak for at least an hour prior to baking though...
  • phiddy23
    phiddy23 Posts: 103
    Options
    bump :)
  • oreolover
    oreolover Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Blueberry-Bannana whole wheat muffins
    2 egg whites, lightly beaten
    ¾ tsp vanilla
    ¾ tsp (ish) cinnamon
    2 mashed ripe bananas
    ¾ c skim milk
    3/4 tsp salt
    2 tbsp vegetable oil
    ¼ c unsweetened applesauce
    ¼ c splenda
    3 ¼ tsp baking powder
    2 c whole wheat flour
    blueberries

Preheat oven to 400° mix all ingredients in order listed and once flour is added mix as little as possible to form uniform batter. Fold in blueberries last. Portion into greased muffin tins and bake 17-20 min or until golden brown
    Makes 12 big muffins or can be made into smaller muffins…

These are actually tasty and I add 3 scoops of Trader Joe's vanilla protein powder and up the applesauce to 1/3 c, it comes out to 7 g of protein and about 120 cal per muffin (if making 12) I believe (may want to double check with recipe calculator but I believe that is what it gave me)

I add everything to the blender except the flour and blueberries then pour it into a bowl and mix flour in and fold blueberries in. It makes them extremely easy :)
  • qingwang2011
    qingwang2011 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much guys. I'm gonna try those recipes for sure. I'll post pictures when i do bake them...:happy:
    Ps.Thanks for the fact as well..great to know since im trying to cut down my fat intake as well.