NSV-breaking up

Options
gemmie_c
gemmie_c Posts: 129 Member
My boyfriend and I broke up after 2 and a half years together last Sunday. I wasn't ready to talk about it as even though it was a mutual thing, it still blooming hurts-HARD. It's like the worst feeling ever. I love that guy-crazy for him. I'd marry him tomorrow but he isn't on the same page as me (sometimes isn't even on the same chapter), he is a commitment phobe. After all this time we still aren't living together so it's time to give up.

Now....historically.....this would have meant my eating playing up. Not this week. I have been even more focused and fixed on my goals. I carried on, eating my caloires, working out and trying not to be down. I lost 2.5lbs in spite of breaking up with the love of my life.

If you love someone you have to let them go.......well I'm letting go. We will still be friends and I hope that one day, when he grows up he will realise that losing me was a mistake he'll smarten his act up. In the mean time, this girl is single, happy with herself and making improvements every day........

Any nice men out there want to take me out??

Replies

• RobertG86
    Options
    Live in florida?
  • rinnismom
    Options
    i'm sorry to hear about your break-up but it is amazing to me that you were able to stay focused on your weight-loss goal. i'm also proud to see you have kept your head up and haven't lost your playfulness.

best NSV i've read all day.

*hug*
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Good for you. You ARE a whole, wonderful, worthwhile person, with or without a romantic involvement.
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    The same happen to me... 8 years... gone with a couple of sentences...

I hit the gym hard.. and lost 20 pounds in no time... its weird how it reserves for some people
  • Kimbers70
    Kimbers70 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Break ups suck, that is for sure...Good for you for staying on track!
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your breakup! I know thats got to be hard on you! I'm very proud of you for staying focused on your goals though, that is sooo wonderful! Keep your head up and keep on movin =) You seem to be doing great! Lots of hugs!!
  • FinerthanB433
    Options
    You should be very proud of yourself! Staying on track after a breakup is hard to do...but you are DOING it! I commend you for being so strong and brave. I wish you the best in the romance dept., because you truly deserve it!
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I know what that's like. Almost 8 months since tI broke up with the love of my life, and it still hurts, but my health is much better. I'm happy and single as well.

Good luck with your weight loss journey. :smile:
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You go, girl! Probably the biggest weight you lost this week was a guy who didn't know what he had. Maybe he'll realize, and maybe he won't, but YOU are now doing what you do for YOU! That is the most important lesson of all.
  • gemmie_c
    Options
    Live in florida?

Damnnnn-I live just outside London, UK. :wink:
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Very strong of you not to compromise your own goals or happiness, and being able to recognize a situation that is not good for you. Good for you!:drinker:
  • gemmie_c
    Options
    Thanks so much guys-it took almost 6 days to admit it-even some of my closest friends don't know.
    My priority is me, no one is going to stop me getting to my goal. I want this more than ever.

Love you all xxx
  • localatte
    localatte Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You're obviously a stronger person and a focused one at that.
    A break up with the love of your life sounds so tough, but not letting it derail you is the best thing you can do. Use this new time alone to continue to make your own life the amazing one you deserve.
  • Amysgetnfit
    Options
    Very strong of you not to compromise your own goals or happiness, and being able to recognize a situation that is not good for you. Good for you!:drinker:

THIS^^^
    someday the right one will come along. In the meantime work on yourself til you look so hot,
    All his friends will say to him...."Damn! You fool"
  • katharine1980
    katharine1980 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Best NSV hands down!! <3 Keep up the good work.:smile:
  • psmhirons
    Options
    Great work on maintaining the healthy lifestyle through out, you will achieve your goals! I read about the warrior dash... and the thought scared me hahaha x
  • hannahlbur
    hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Well done for keeping in track. X
  • gemmie_c
    Options
    Great work on maintaining the healthy lifestyle through out, you will achieve your goals! I read about the warrior dash... and the thought scared me hahaha x

It was because of the break up that I signed up-I wanted something to do as a challenge-something to get my teeth into. :)
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Good for you for making the right decision FOR YOU! After that long with someone it must be so hard (understatement) to move on but you're doing it in a healthy way, by staying focused on your goals and what the world holds for you next. :heart:
  • MarlenaLB
    Options
    I understand how you are feeling. The love of my life and I just seperated a month ago after 17 years of marriage. I have good days and I have bad days. It has turned my life upside down. I have two kids and have been a stay at home mom for 9 years. Now I am trying to find a job, balance the house work/responsibilities, my kids and trying to get in better shape.. Proud of you for keeping your head up and being strong.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!