Reached my Goal!! but will continue on...

Options
I am happy to share that I reached my end goal this week, nearly 2 months early! I feel great and am happy with my body but am considering to continue the same daily goals i've been using. I'm 5"2 and weighed in this morning at 125. When i was thin, this was basically what I weighed- along time ago, but i sorta remember thinking i could shed a few extra pounds even then. So I'm giong to shoot for another 10 and see how it goes. I do need to remember what's realistic and know where my body feels best.

Anyone else changing their goals as they approach their original final weight goal! Why did you make this decision?

Replies

• miasuperstar
    Options
    I am happy to share that I reached my end goal this week, nearly 2 months early! I feel great and am happy with my body but am considering to continue the same daily goals i've been using. I'm 5"2 and weighed in this morning at 125. When i was thin, this was basically what I weighed- along time ago, but i sorta remember thinking i could shed a few extra pounds even then. So I'm giong to shoot for another 10 and see how it goes. I do need to remember what's realistic and know where my body feels best.

Anyone else changing their goals as they approach their original final weight goal! Why did you make this decision?
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    grats:flowerforyou:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I anticipate doing the same thing. Congrats on reaching your first goal! Enjoy your success :drinker:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    well done! :flowerforyou: that must feel fantastic! :drinker:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,928 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on meeting your initial goal. I too am about to hit my 1st goal. For me, I'd said I'd be happy and proud to lose the 18lbs to get there, but that I'd like to lose another 10. This really has been a lifestyle change for me. I know if I were to stop logging my food and exercise I'd bounce right back up. So here's to you! :drinker: Good luck on your next goal! :flowerforyou:
  • spoiledhorse
    spoiledhorse Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :happy:
  • Barbina32
    Barbina32 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thats great - Good Job!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is wonderful! You must feel so great!!! :flowerforyou:
  • cg1297
    cg1297 Posts: 3
    Options
    Congrats.
    I am one pound from my goal and want to keep going.
    Should I reset my goals now or wait until I hit the one I have set know?
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is so great. :flowerforyou:
  • mfpme
    mfpme Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Aww! You are a superstar!! Reaching your goalweight! Thanks for sharing the good news! What a success! Continued success to you! :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: I dont think it is unrealistic to lose 10 more lbs. It would be a way to keep you within your goal weight if you do slip from time to time. Now, remember this is a lifestyle, it should be, so I suggest you continue doing what you've been doing to maintain or reach your new goal. I say that because in Sept last yr I reached my goal, actually my second goal, but I got too comfortable, stopped monitoring my calories, etc and ended up gaining 9 lbs in 3 months. I am not doing that again!! :laugh: Congrats again and good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • amycakes812
    amycakes812 Posts: 441
    Options
    Congrats on your goal! I adjusted my original goal of 130 down to 125. I am 3 pounds away now and am evaluating another 5 pounds. It is good to know others change their goals too!
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    congratulations ... :drinker: Great idea ... goal reached, what is my new goal.
  • mcelledge
    mcelledge Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    mayeb you shoudl rethink your new goal. another 10 would put you in the below normal weight range and could cause health issues. I'm 5'1" and 125 and love it. I just want 2 lb less to play with. so i'm trying to maintain, and tone my body ( going to curves is helping)
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I'm not near my goal weight, so I don't know exactly what you should do, but I would probably focus on toning and see how that goes.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

As for setting a new goal. If your BMI is OK, then go for it. It has been so long since I have been thin that I am not sure what my ending goal really should be, so yes, I may re-think when I get there.

I am 5'1" and when my second son was 2, I weighed 102#. Everyone said I was really thin but I was eating really healthy and just doing my normal thing of taking care of two active boys. I felt good. Now 17 years later I am not sure if that should really be my goal, but 112-115 really sounds nice!

Being healthy and fit is what is most important.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!