Hi, my name is Jennifer

Options
Hi. I am Jennifer a 37 year old wife who has been changing my eating and working out over the past 3 months. I just found this site this week, so I am learning all of the tools available here in hopes that it will help me with my lifelong struggle with weight.

So far, I have lost 21.4 pounds--after being plateaued for a month--I bumped up my exercise, and cut my calories, and my body rebelled. After being here around three days, I am seeing the weight drop again.

I wish I could say I knew how I got to the point where I was obese, but to be honest--it was a lifetime of not paying attention. I am now a label reader a portion watcher and avidly work out at least five days a week. I am always up for a challenge --unless it involves running--and have learned that I can do way more than I thought possible.

My milestones so far have been:

seeing my blood sugar drop (diagnosed "pre-diabetic" so I am daily monitoring my blood sugar--talk about a reality check)
not winded during heavy exercise
allergies are better due to my lungs being stronger from cardio
seeing the scale go down
confidence level is through the roof
am pushing myself to do more and be more than I have in years

I am looking for anyone who wants to keep me accountable, who wants to encourage, and share their experiences and also someone who will challenge me when I get complacent. I will do the same for you.

Replies

• safetyguy71
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss! Welcome to the site, I have found it to be very helpful.
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Congrats Jennifer-My name is Jennifer too! =) Great success to you and this is a grt site. Enjoy!
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Jennifer....

Welcome to the group. I've found it very helpful just keeping track of my food. Congratulations on your weight loss success so far. I hope that you have a wonderful experience here. ENJOY!!!! Feel free to add me. if you'd like.....

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer, congrats on joining.
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress so far and welcome to the site!!
  • sharonnna
    sharonnna Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have been here a month and love it.
  • montana480
    Options
    Hi Jennifter, welcome to the site, I also find it very helpful with the accountablility piece, Awesome job on your successes so far!
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP it is a great site. Many people here to keep you in check. You have done great so far, good luck keeping it going.
  • Ozzyzmommy
    Ozzyzmommy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My name is Christine (Ozzyzmommy),
    I have been on a Plato for a year or more... I also need someone to help me through struggles and to be a sounding board
    and someone that I can possibly help out when they need a suggestion or just an ear to help them out...
    Please add me if you would like to have a MFP friend...
  • Sunshine70Smith
    Sunshine70Smith Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome! Keep it up. :bigsmile:
  • 226Muriel
    226Muriel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Count me in....

Accountability is the name of the game!!!!
  • 226Muriel
    226Muriel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Count me in....

Health issues abound....

Add me as you friend...and let's see what we can do to get you off the PLATEAU.
  • JenniM1974
    Options
    Thanks everyone.