Ideas for a moist Turkey Burger?

Options
mlbazemore
mlbazemore Posts: 252 Member
I assume that the biggest problem a lot of people have with turkey burgers is the dryness...right, am I right? I'm not the one to solve this problem but I figured with all the experience combined of my MFP fam someone might have some insight to share.

This is a recipe I just got off the internet...not tested, but I'd like to share...maybe someone can give me feed back on it but I would really like a recipe that's tried and true...any suggestions?

Allrecipes.com

Ingredients:
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon canola oil
1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Dash salt
1/2 pound lean ground turkey
2 hamburger buns, split
2 lettuce leaves
2 slices tomato

Directions:
1. Place onion and oil in a small skillet; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until very soft, stirring occasionally. Cool.
2. In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, mustard, pepper, salt and onion. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix just until combined. Shape into two patties. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
3. In a nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook patties over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato.

I don't have any nutritional info because it wasn't on the site and I haven't put anything into the recipe calculator...but I assume it's not too much because it's mostly seasonings. Enjoy!

Replies

• blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    The Jennie O premade patties are great my husband had no idea he was eating turkey for months.
  • sebbole
    sebbole Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This recipe looks pretty good! Might have to try. I live with a bunch of girls and when we do turkey burgers we make them terriyaki style. We have these terri-powder packets that we throw in and put a little bit of water in to keep it moist. They are really good. If you can't find terri powder, I'm sure straight terriyaki sauce will work too. good luck :)
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/turkey-burgers-recipe/index.html

I've made this many a time (sometimes with half beef half turkey) and it is moist and delicious! GL finding one you like.
  • mccgivens
    Options
    A friend of mine makes the best turkey burgers and he will not share the recipe BUT, I do know what he puts in them for moisture. Artichoke hearts, black olives, green peppers and parsley.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    at my work, they mix the turkey with mayo and they're super moist.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    That's very similar to mine, but I leave out the bread crumbs and use shredded / grated zucchini instead. It's always plenty moist. Worth a shot.
  • meganld
    meganld Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just bought a brand called Bubba's pre-made turkey patties. The only ingredients are turkey, salt, and pepper, and they're fantastic!
  • mariesmela
    Options
    you can ue almost any kind of veggie, puree and mix with turkey. The water in the veggies help with moisture and it tastes good and you get your veggies too.
    I have tried carrots and celery together and separate. Both are good... GL finding the one you like best . I have used fresh or ground sage and also oragano
  • mlbazemore
    mlbazemore Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! There's some really good ideas I'll have to try!
  • shaunl669
    shaunl669 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Iv'e been buying pre made patties, but I am going to try some of these recipes. Thanks.
  • vdegraff
    vdegraff Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine makes the best turkey burgers and he will not share the recipe BUT, I do know what he puts in them for moisture. Artichoke hearts, black olives, green peppers and parsley.

I want the recipe!! Sounds so yummy