I am so ASHAMED

Options
I am very ashamed to admit this but I fell off hard. And what makes it worse is I just started my program on the 1st of April.

Due to a serious of family get togethers and lack of will power I put back on all the weight I have lost an two extra pounds. I am really upset with myself but no is to blame but me.

I did everything wrong. I have not worked out in a week and I have been eating everything the family was cooking. I swear if I did not have my tubes cut and burned I would swear I was pregnant.

But the only good news I have to report is I know it's my fault I am not in the dark about this and blamming anyone but me. And that I am back on board and will begin working out tonight after work.

I am also going to join a group of women in my neighborhood that walk every morning together. I know walking alone is not the way to do it but I think I need the extra support of these ladies.

Replies

• MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am very ashamed to admit this but I fell off hard. And what makes it worse is I just started my program on the 1st of April.

Due to a serious of family get togethers and lack of will power I put back on all the weight I have lost an two extra pounds. I am really upset with myself but no is to blame but me.

I did everything wrong. I have not worked out in a week and I have been eating everything the family was cooking. I swear if I did not have my tubes cut and burned I would swear I was pregnant.

But the only good news I have to report is I know it's my fault I am not in the dark about this and blamming anyone but me. And that I am back on board and will begin working out tonight after work.

I am also going to join a group of women in my neighborhood that walk every morning together. I know walking alone is not the way to do it but I think I need the extra support of these ladies.
  • e11xoxo
    e11xoxo Posts: 86
    Options
    It's a difficult thing to make this a life change. I'm glad you're back with us.
  • heather93277
    Options
    At least you've spotted the problem areas and you're commited to doing it better this time, right? Lesson learned. Now dust yourself off, get back up, and kick some butt :tongue: :laugh:

Seriously, best of luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    ITS NEVER TOO LATE TO GET BACK ON THE WAGON AND WE'RE HERE FOR YOU AS YOU GO ALONG YOUR WAY! :bigsmile:
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Walking is an excellent place to start. There is absolutely no shame there. Welcome back, one day at a time, we all know how tough it is! :drinker:
  • blondie_girl14
    blondie_girl14 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    These things happen, and they will happen again. But its good you saw your mistakes!
    Just get right back up, good luck!! :happy: :drinker:
  • star139
    star139 Posts: 134
    Options
    everybody falls off the wagon (myself included...2 weeks!!) but if it were easy to do this, everyone would be thin and healthy. it takes effort to get there and make this lifestyle change. you are doing it. the first step is to realize what you're doing and how to fix it. it seems that you have done that. keep your head up, YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • christy559
    christy559 Posts: 105
    Options
    Welcome back...I have and many others have been where you are...all that stuff is HISTORY!
    Today is a new day to take a walk or eat a good snack or meal :flowerforyou:

Its only been a month and remember that it took time to gain the weight, it takes time to lose it too.Let yourself off the hook and get back on that horse!! YOU CAN DO IT...just check out all of the success stories on the message board. :love: :smile:
  • icandoallthings
    icandoallthings Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Now that you've gone through those series of emotions (which are natural, by the way),
    forgive yourself. :flowerforyou: That step is difficult but doable!
    Today is a new day - just for you!
    Consider today a "do-over"! :happy: And just keep in the back of your mind, the memory of
    how you felt when you fell off. Icky. That always makes me think twice for the next time I'm
    considering falling off. Get back on the saddle, my friend, and ride on! We are all here for ya!
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I want to thank everyone for the kind words and yes you guys are correct if it was easy we would not be on here. But I have always been hard on myself when it comes to this subject. This morning I honestly felt like food has been an addiction. But like any addiction it takes one day at a time.

I am so happy to have people like you guys in my life and in my corner even if it is via MFP.

THANK YOU
  • shalinik78
    Options
    Just erase the past and start today :)

Also lets not make changes to our eating habits just to loose weight .....
    but lets inbuilt it in our life styles - cause as we grow older - these changes
    would only help us and keep us FIT !!!!

Remember - Every day is a new day :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it, what's done is done. The great thing is that you have realised what you don't need to do and the things that you do need to do. Just get right back up on that wagon and start again. You can do this. :flowerforyou:
  • tazfather
    tazfather Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well you fell,
    Now wake up and continue from where you left,
    the worst thing you can do is nothing or keep falling.
    Don t give up you know you can do it again.

Best of luck
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up "Mykids." You figured out that a wheel fell off the wagon and you have re-attached it, so time to move on. You are smart to hook up with others to keep up your activity and I agree walking is great.

You have learned that you are responsible for "you" and the choices you make, so the next time something comes up, you can remember this recent period in your life and draw strength from it.

Good luck!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion but I think we really need to detour from the whole falling off the wagon mentality..are we human yes..do we make mistakes yes...everyday we make mistakes in everything we do..why is it when it comes to weight loss or healthy lifestyle we consider it "falling off the wagon"..doesnt this only set us up for feeling guilty and having to "come clean"..over nothing.....its not a big deal to make mistakes it becomes a big deal when it interferes with your health and your ability to function at a normal healthy pace in society...so to sit and eat a ton of food aimlessly and become lethargic so you can not function ..yes thats a HUGE problem...but so is having the feeling of being a failure and living with the "guilt" all day or all week ......the only time I feel any of us should be ashamed or having remorse in regards to this whole journey is if we have made no progress at all..or if we simply give up and allow ourselves to regret and feel less than because of it.....1pound loss or gain depending on your goal is PROGRESS..half a pound is as well...being able to walk 5min longer than you could last year is PROGRESS..not walking at all or quitting is not...sorry if this seems like a rant its not intended that way....some of us will lose more than others and some of us will Master this whole new outlook .. its not a race to the finish ..its learning different healthy ways that could possibly prolong our time here and allow us to function the best we can during that duration. Live life make mistakes enjoy all that you learn from them. Dont spend 25% of your week dwelling on all the "bad" or "overeating" you did....Good luck in your journey and never wait till tomorrow to fix what you can right now.....Tomorrow is never promised....:flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion but I think we really need to detour from the whole falling off the wagon mentality..are we human yes..do we make mistakes yes...everyday we make mistakes in everything we do..why is it when it comes to weight loss or healthy lifestyle we consider it "falling off the wagon"..doesnt this only set us up for feeling guilty and having to "come clean"..over nothing.....its not a big deal to make mistakes it becomes a big deal when it interferes with your health and your ability to function at a normal healthy pace in society...so to sit and eat a ton of food aimlessly and become lethargic so you can not function ..yes thats a HUGE problem...but so is having the feeling of being a failure and living with the "guilt" all day or all week ......the only time I feel any of us should be ashamed or having remorse in regards to this whole journey is if we have made no progress at all..or if we simply give up and allow ourselves to regret and feel less than because of it.....1pound loss or gain depending on your goal is PROGRESS..half a pound is as well...being able to walk 5min longer than you could last year is PROGRESS..not walking at all or quitting is not...sorry if this seems like a rant its not intended that way....some of us will lose more than others and some of us will Master this whole new outlook .. its not a race to the finish ..its learning different healthy ways that could possibly prolong our time here and allow us to function the best we can during that duration. Live life make mistakes enjoy all that you learn from them. Dont spend 25% of your week dwelling on all the "bad" or "overeating" you did....Good luck in your journey and never wait till tomorrow to fix what you can right now.....Tomorrow is never promised....:flowerforyou:
    Good words of wisdom Mya:flowerforyou: I am in total agreement with you on this.We all make mistakes but if we choose to change those mistakes thats what makes us better on the inside out.This is my saying "If you can't give anything than expect to receive nothing"Pick yourself up and do something about it today and not tomorrow.:flowerforyou: Best of Luck to you and your journey:flowerforyou:
  • TexasMom
    TexasMom Posts: 70
    Options
    You've messed up but now your back. HOORAY!! If you didn't make mistakes you'd be less than human. My goal is a daily thing. My focus is on God and I take one day at a time.

Each morning I wake up is another day God wants me around to do something great for him. It may be as simple as a load of laundry or as huge as helping some orphans. When I decided I needed to honor the body God gave me I knew it wasn't going to be easy. But I also knew that God gave me the ability to anything with Him at my side.

So somes days are great and others I make mistakes. I just thank Him for the day and know that if I wake up tomorrow He'll have given me another day to do some thing good.

Many Blessings,
    Nita
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Good words of wisdom Mya:flowerforyou: I am in total agreement with you on this.We all make mistakes but if we choose to change those mistakes thats what makes us better on the inside out.This is my saying "If you can't give anything than expect to receive nothing"Pick yourself up and do something about it today and not tomorrow.:flowerforyou: Best of Luck to you and your journey:flowerforyou:
    Let me rephrase my quote of the day
    "" If you can't give anything, you should not complain when you receive nothing."