Is anyone taking the "Insanity"challenge challenge?

Options
I just started the second month and WOW! I need to hear how your hunger habits have changed. I am starving ALL of the time!! I feel like eating is undoing everything i'm working my butt off to achieve.

Replies

• JasonGinMI
    JasonGinMI Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about the Shaun T video? I was thinking about trying that
  • mcwright1980
    Options
    Do it... it's awesome!! What is your current fitness level?
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I just did the first of the MAX workouts and yes I was absolutely starving afterwards. Which is weird as I burn more calories and hit similar heart rates as I do when spinning, yet that doesn't affect my appetite at all.

It might have been that I was busy this morning so didn't eat a lot before I did it in the late afternoon. Will have to keep an eye on this thread to see if today was just a "glitch."
  • JasonGinMI
    Options
    I am pretty out of shape. Been running a little. I can run two miles w/o stopping right now. Maybe I will wait to do Shaun T till after Christmas. What do you think?
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I am pretty out of shape. Been running a little. I can run two miles w/o stopping right now. Maybe I will wait to do Shaun T till after Christmas. What do you think?

Do you already have the program?
  • JasonGinMI
    Options
    No I dont have it yet but I was thinking of getting it before Christmas. A friend at work has it and he lost 34 lbs!
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I've done it... my biggest problerm with it is that I don't have a good place to do it.

People at work laughed at me for doing it because I've never tried much before. I'm in ok shape, but they said its for those who are in great shape.

I actually think, as long as you are ok with jumping and what not --- you can do it. You can always slow it down and do it at your own pace. Its pretty good --- but I did get sick of it after a few weeks (I have an issue with getting sick of things fairly quickly).
  • tarpex
    tarpex Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Take into consideration that most of the month 2 Insanity exercises can burn approx. 1000 calories (if you dig deep of course, pun intended). Just make sure that your diet is compensating for the intense burn, or you'll end up losing lean tissue (mostly muscles) along with the fat, which is a big NO-NO!

I also wouldn't recommend Insanity / god forbid Asylum to anyone seriously out of shape. You'll just end up huffing and puffing for most of the workout, the intensity is extreme! And by extreme, I really mean extreme. A beginners program like Power90 (if you're into home fitness DVD's) would work out much better for you.

If you can however keep up with Insanity, damn, go for it. In my opinion, it's one of the best HIIT routines you can do at home. My only peeve with it is the lack of resistance training, which won't build your muscle base as well as some other home fitness programs can, but if you're just looking to shred some fat quickly, it's excellent. Just note that this really isn't for everyone :)
  • CandiceS86
    CandiceS86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I read about it for the first time yesterday here on MPF and I just got it! Right now I'm doing the 30DS but I'm going to try Insanity right after! I've seen peoples results and they are just amazing!
  • Melissag1984
    Melissag1984 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing Insanity for 3 weeks and 3 days and not 1 lb gone, nor 1" im very upset, however not going to quit!
    I first started out in January, with walking, then snowshoeing, then 30DS, then Banish Fat- Boost Metabolism, then No More Trouble Zones i lost 25lbs by April. I then stoped working out with JM beacause of my hrs at work (nights at a processing plant, at crazy hours) then in August i started P90x...i couldnt do it with the hrs of the slowed down work....so then in Sept i tried the Ripped in 30, found it did NOTHING for me...so i figured i was used to JM's moves because in all vidoes theres more then 1 move in the videos. So then i came across Insanity..and here i am....im not following the diet plan (1, i dont like most of the foods, 2. i cant aford some) however i do eat some of the foods that is in the list, just different ways, im also doing a shake for my breakfast. Giving that, there are LOTS of people doing this and having results without following the diet (so dont give me all the drama of following the diet) i dont want to be stuck on a diet..i want a life style change with added exercise like i have been doing..with all the workouts ive done with losing lbs & inches ive never once followed the diet plans, ive cut out the soda, bars, chips, junk, processed foods from the begning..what is happening??? Why cant i lose anything...or is it to soon to tell??? some people say they dont see reults til almost the end of the program...boy i hope tahts the same for me!
  • JarrodFit4Life
    Options
    I personally thing Insanty is for anyone that can handle the moves. I used to be in amazing shape and lost my way through college. I started Insanity at 197 lbs and in horrible shape. My first day, I was huffing and puffing after the 3-minute warmup.

Fast forward four weeks, i'm down to 188 lbs, down 2 inches in the waist, and my endurance is through the roof. the 9 minute warm-ups are nothing and I can pretty much stick it out through the rest of the workouts. A lot of people don't realize that, no matter what kind of shape your in, Insanity is meant for you to push yourself to YOUR limit. Every single person in the video is in amazing shape and they all need to take breaks throughout. As long as you are pushing yourself to your max, you will get in shape, lose weight, and tone up.

I also believe it is very important to follow the diet plan if you intend to get the best results. I don't mean eating each meal specifically from the nutrition guide, but at least following the recommended ratios and caloric intake. I'm starting my recovery week tomorrow and I will try and update you all with my progress throughout the final 5 weeks of the program.

Anyone with questions, don't hesitate to ask!