To those who jog, I have a question.

Options
2»

Replies

• lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    To second what someone else said, you will see all shapes and sizes running. I started running at 210 pounds and could not continue for more than 30 seconds. I am now up to 90 minutes and will run a half marathon in January and a full one sometime next year.
    You can totally do this. It gets easier EVERY time out!!
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else has suggested, I highly recommend the C25K program.

I finished up Wk3, Day 3 on Friday and I also just started doing the 30 Day Shred on my in between days.

I'll be the first to admit that doing the C25K & 30 Day shred program combined is nothing short of brutal. I've been sore & barely able to walk around for the last 3 days, but it's so worth it because I know my body is changing.

Sizes & shapes don't matter; I'm at the start of my journey so don't sell yourself short.

You can do this!!!!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I was talking to one of my cousin's who'll be at my grandparents on Thanksgiving, and well all the ladies after dinner are planning on going walking, well I told her how I wanted to try jogging, and she told me she use to jog and that we're gonna jog it. So I'm gonna get it in :D I can't wait!
  • Real_Cool_Hand
    Options
    I used to HATE running/jogging. And when I started I would walk, and set little marks for myself along the way. Walk to x, then jog to y, then walk. And I'd pick a few of those each time. Then I went by mile markers on a trail/treadill. Eventually I made it up to a mile with no walking stops, and now I can do 5+ miles without stopping and at a steady pace. Its all about pacing and adding to time or distance for me. And the fact that I can shut off my brain when I go out jogging is a huge bonus!
  • radicalmom
    radicalmom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Find Out If You're A Jogger or a Runner From Runner's World.com

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,71...
  • radicalmom
    radicalmom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love John's method....anyone! can do a marathon!!!
  • brookeg20
    Options
    I used this program to start out, and then just started running more on my own after a while. Worked great, and now I'm up to 3-4 miles about three times a week. The first mile is always the hardest for me, and I've been running on and off for years now. It's not for everyone, so if you hate it find something else. Stick it out a little, because for those of us who like to run we love it!!

http://fitbie.msn.com/get-fitter/beginners-guide-running-weight-loss