Naughty for Chirstmas

Options
zendarah
zendarah Posts: 91 Member
Since i'm super poor/cheap, I was planning to make some sweets for my not so close family and friends at christmas. I was hoping for a wide variety of different treats that i can pack into a Chinese noodle box, deco with some ribbon etc.

I was hoping that people would suggest their naughtiest, yummiest recipes for small sweet treats here :)

Replies

• ManicMelody
    Options
    I loooove fudge. One batch could easily feed 20 people a piece. The recipe on the back of the marshmallow cream jars is pretty yummy.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Have you ever been on stumbleupon.com? I come across some of the most delicious and horrible for you recipes.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Made these last week oh so yummy
    Chocolate - Mint Brownie Cookies

1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
    2/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening or Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening*
    1 tablespoon water
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
    2 large eggs, lightly beaten
    1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    2 cups mint chocolate chips

Directions
    1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
    2. Combine brown sugar, shortening, water, vanilla and peppermint extracts in large bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; mix well.
    3. Combine flour, salt, cocoa and baking soda in medium bowl; add to shortening mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in mint chocolate chips.
    4. Drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
    5. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.

Footnotes
    * 2/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening equals 2/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
  • mbcasey2009
    mbcasey2009 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Puppy chow. Crispix, chocolate, peanut butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Google the recipe-or its on the back of the cereal box. Super easy, makes a ton, and goes good in small bags/boxes. It's what I do every year! Happy treat making :smile:
  • klthomas59
    klthomas59 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    pretzel rods dipped in melted caramel and then rolled in a mixture of chopped nuts, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips...yummy and pretty too
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Last year I made dipped pretzels for everyone at work, cost me about 6 dollars. Oreo truffles would be cheap/easy too. Take a package of oreos and crush them or put them in the food processor. Mix with 1 8oz pkg of cream cheese, roll into balls and dip in almond bark. Super easy and yummy. Good luck!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com if you want to be good...if not, PUPPY CHOW!
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Rum ball or mint trufles - very easy to make. Again, google a recipe and adapt if you dont like rum etc.
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I like to make biscotti. So many flavors and easy to make
  • ManicMelody
    Options
    Have you ever been on stumbleupon.com? I come across some of the most delicious and horrible for you recipes.

Soooooo true! Nutella marshmallow puff pastries and various cupcakes with alcohol in them. Just sinful.