Ironman triathlon 140.6 journey begins!

Options
Its been a such an experience to prepare for something this big. I leave tomorrow night to fly to The 2011 Ford Ironman Cozumel. One thing I promised myself back when I was weighing in at 270 back in early Feb of 2010 is I won't hold back on things I wanted to do once I set out. I did my everything for the 1st time this year half,full,ultra marathon a half ironman. 3 half marathon, 2 full marathon, 3 ultra marathon, and a half ironman later I'm towards my 140.6 mile adventure. 

Believe in yourself, if you wanted to do something you always wanted whether it is running non stop for a mile, a 5k, or a marathon make it happen, don't wait until that opportunity disappears. Go for it ^^

***Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain

Replies

• skfj5
    skfj5 Posts: 70
    Options
    Awesome!! How inspiring!!
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Mark Twain was a wise man!!!

Your story is very inspiring, keep up the great work.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    double post
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Awsome! You are a great inspiration! Good luck and most important: have fun! Can't wait to hear how it went!:drinker:
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Wow you're an inspiration just looking at the before/after picture. I'm working on getting my half soon and hopefully a full next year
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!!
  • pamotey
    Options
    that is incredible! what an inspiration and i'm totally blown away with your goal. i don't know what an "ultra" marathon is, but good luck on your ironman!
  • ranjant
    Options
    that is incredible! what an inspiration and i'm totally blown away with your goal. i don't know what an "ultra" marathon is, but good luck on your ironman!

Ultra marathon is done on trails. Anything over 26.2 miles once I been is the 50k and a 50 miler. It's small group maybe 100-200 runners lots of climbing. It's a great experience and the nicest friendlist runners you'll ever meet ^^
  • ogottwald
    ogottwald Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
    When I get my weight down 40 pounds I will def feel that will be my next big ending goal!
  • Yeahuhh! See you there!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!