So What Are You Guys Doing For Thanksgiving?

Options
Are you just gonna go off any diets and eat like crazy or are you planning dinner differently this year? What are you doing if you're going to family's place for dinner and have no control over the calorie amount and ingredients?

Replies

• lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Its at my place so i have total control!
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are going to his parent's house. One good thing for me is that there won't be pumpkin pie (I looove pumpkin pie) or green bean casserole. I will try to have smaller portion sizes of turkey, stuffing, and whatever kind of bread there is... that way I can save room for dessert. I try not to worry too much about going off of plan on Thanksgiving because there are other things to focus on such as spending time with family and just relaxing!
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I signed up for a morning Turkey Trot 5k and will workout in the late evening just as I normally do every night. I will have no control over food preparation for the Thanksgiving meal and have decided to just eat small portions, do it all in moderation, and log as best as possible. If I go a little over I will be OK with that, as one day isn't going to ruin everything. :smile:
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Small portions of only the things I like.

I'm not a huge eater on Thanksgiving anyway.

And I'm bringing a HUGE veggie tray with a low cal dip so that I can snack on that instead of chips and whatever else is out.

But I'm not going to stress it too much.

It's only one day and it won't break my weight loss.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I can't make stuffing or gravy to save my life and my mashed potatoes always end up like chunky potato soup sooooo, I'm going to cook my turkey breast and have my sweet potato and my steamed green beans.
  • shaynes14
    shaynes14 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I plan to eat a little more than I have been eating. I try to stay under calories. I don't think I will overeat too much but may indulge in a piece of pie! There will be a lot of walking and running to offset the eating. I am doing a 5k Thanksgiving morning! My problem is that it is a two day feast...one day with my husband's family and the next day with my family. :smile: I will stick with water....I love Southern Sweet Iced Tea, but I don't want to drink my calories.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I plan on enjoying the day. I won't calorie count, I will enjoy desert but I will keep my portions small and I will workout before or after.
  • amycarol59
    amycarol59 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I plan on inputting my meal into MFP before heading to dinner. If my checkbook is empty I won't be tempted to eat extra calories. I did this at an early Thanksgiving party last week and I did great. It helps to be focused on friends and family instead of the food table. Good Luck!!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating ridiculous amounts of everything I enjoy and when I get full, I'll eat half a pie to fill in the cracks. Under the table, I'll log into MFP on my phone, and give my food diary the finger.
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i'm going to eat what i want, and stop when i'm full.
  • trill0042
    trill0042 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting everything I want and then some. Besides, everyone knows that a Thanksgiving dinner contains zero calories.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat the traditional Thanksgiving meal and take a nap afterwards. It's a holiday, and I'm going to enjoy it.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I plan to eat until I'm full. Over-stuffing just isn't enjoyable!
  • mylifex2
    Options
    still trying to figure this one out lol...I think I will try and eat mostly from the veggie tray, and have some turkey. If i want to eat anything else, I will put just one bite of each thing I want. My goal is to stay in control. I don't want to feel bad the next day. It's not worth it to me, no matter what the holiday. I hope everyone has a great day and no matter how you do the food stuff, just try and enjoy the day!
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Total annihilation of anything that gets in my way, and wine, and beer, there will be beer! It will be glorious!

After all it is just one day and I have an extra lot to be thankful for this year! The day after it is back to work and back on plan!
  • purple44444
    purple44444 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm going to find something else to do besides eat because I'll be so bored, and as long as I don't eat out of boredom I won't be tempted to eat more than I'm hungry for. I don't really get that hungry ever; I just get bored so I eat!
  • EmiliaWhite
    Options
    I plan on eating ridiculous amounts of everything I enjoy and when I get full, I'll eat half a pie to fill in the cracks. Under the table, I'll log into MFP on my phone, and give my food diary the finger.

LOVE THIS.
  • bmacholiday
    bmacholiday Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Having the usual turkey dinner, but without the pumpkin pie. It's my favorite and why my mom makes it, but I'll be the only one who eat it and the leftovers will be sent home with me. I won't stuff myself, it will leave me sick and uncomfortable the rest of the day if I do.
  • ifucsam
    Options
    I'm not the kind of person to totally overdo it on Thanksgiving (notice I didn't say Christmas or Halloween! :wink: ) so I'm just going to eat a little of everything. I'm making a pumpkin toffee cheesecake this year and that I may go a little nuts on!
  • omgzstef
    omgzstef Posts: 157
    Options
    Portion control!