Holiday Movies

What are your favourite movies to watch throughout the holidays season? They don't necessarily have to be related to the holidays either. I am just looking for some ideas. Thanks. :smile:

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    A Christmas Story

And, not a movie, but I also like the Twilight Zone Marathon
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Holiday Inn and Its a Wonderful Life. Both good oldies :)
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Alastair Sim in A Christmas Carol
  • mary34reilly
    mary34reilly Posts: 59 Member
    Christmas Story is totally hilarious...so is Christmas Vacation...

I love It's a Wonderful Life!!

Scrooged is good too....
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Smokie Mountain Christmas when I can find it!
  • "ELF" is my Fav. along with the traditional "It's a wonderful life!"
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    A Christmas story, Christmas vacation, and The Hobbit animated flick... The reason I count the hobbit is because we ALWAYS watch it with all the lights off except for the Christmas tree and we eat blue candy canes while watching it... It's tradition at my house!
  • The Holiday is a good one... Jude Law is some good eye candy :P

I love the Muppet Christmas Carol too...
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member

Scrooged is good too....

My family and I watch Christmas Vacation every year. Still hilarious as ever. I still remember as a kid my parents would fast forward through the scene where Clark cusses out his boss because it was inappropriate, now we quote it at every chance.

The Chicago Theater is playing The Christmas Story the musical... scary to think about a kid in bunny pjs singing :tongue:
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Christmas Vacation is hilarious. I'm going for a "Lord of the Rings" marathon this Christmas vacation (I work at a school, so we get lots of time off).
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,283 Member
    In my family, the holiday season=Happy Gilmore. It stems from the last year we had Xmas in my parents' "old"house (they moved my sister's senior year) and I was home from Texas, my brother was home from college, and my sister was, well 17, she lived there. We woke up one morning and all collapsed on the couch and proceeded to watch Happy Gilmore 4 or 5 times in a row...USA was doing a marathon or something.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,283 Member
    Love, Actually is another one of my faves.
  • Stacera
    Stacera Posts: 347 Member
    Scrooged
    Love Actually
    White Christmas
    It's a Wonderful Life
    Ghostbusters II
    Meet Me in St Louis
    The Nightmare before Christmas...
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Love Actually is probably my favorite movie of all and I watch all year. But as I get close to Christmas and annoyed by all the.....well......Christmas crap, I have to watch Bad Santa. Unrated.
  • The Nightmare before Christmas...

second that. :) And I love Homeward Bound (cute cat and dogs)
  • A Charlie Brown Christmas
    A Christmas Story
    Home Alone 1 & 2
    This Christmas
    :heart: and any of the Rankin-Bass classics on ABCfamily's 25 Days of Christmas! :heart:
  • Mixed Nuts!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    It's A Wonderful Life ;)
  • mary34reilly
    mary34reilly Posts: 59 Member
    [/quote]

My family and I watch Christmas Vacation every year. Still hilarious as ever. I still remember as a kid my parents would fast forward through the scene where Clark cusses out his boss because it was inappropriate, now we quote it at every chance.

The Chicago Theater is playing The Christmas Story the musical... scary to think about a kid in bunny pjs singing :tongue:
    [/quote]

HA!!! Clark...good old Clark...I still howl when the grandpa says "The Bleesssinnng" At the table to the deaf grandma...man...it's a classic.

I want a leg lamp...
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member

Scrooged is good too....

christmas vacation is my absolute fav!!! i like a christmas story of course, and christmas with the kranks. the grinch of course :) and the one with the heat miser and mr snow!