53 down and 45 to go!

I started my weight loss journey in March 2011 and I am just over halfway through. I decided to do something about my body when my doctor told me I was considered pre-diabetic. I also had very high cholesterol for a person my age (I was 19 at the time). I lost about 15 pounds and quit because I was overall okay with how I looked. Well, I got into the swing of things at college, started stuffing my face at any open opportunity, and I gained more than I had lost in the first place. I hit my highest weight at 253, and I joined MFP upon hearing about it from one of my college professors who had had some success with the app.

8 months later, I've lost 53 pounds and I have 45 to go, give or take when I get there.

Probably around 250 something in these pictures:
fatphoto1-2-1.jpg

fatphoto2-1.jpg

At 200 last week:

ozarkmedievalfortress.jpg

me-1.jpg

Replies

• LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    you look lovely! Keep up the amazing work!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    congratulations on your success so far--and you have beautiful hair! :)
  • dreamgurl2324
    dreamgurl2324 Posts: 191 Member
    great job! keep up the good work! your all downhill from here!! you look awesome!!
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    That is wonderful! You are very pretty.That is great that you lost 53lbs in 8 months.
  • Dstny1957
    Dstny1957 Posts: 51 Member
    Congratulations, you look and sound great. It's encouraging to see how well you have done, and impressive that you have done that while going to school. Keep it up! I just started MFP and I am very excited about how well I think it will work, and all the supportive people here!
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    way to go
  • silverfox678
    silverfox678 Posts: 84 Member
    You look awesome... Good luck with your goals.
  • I am so impressed with your story, your pictures, and your positive attitude. I feel like I'm in the middle of my voyage (26 down, 30 to go), and I'm a little tired from all the exercise. I can see the finish line now though, and don't want to stop until I reach my goal. Your post really helps me feel like it may be a long and winding road, but it's worth it to get home. Thanks. :smile:
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    You look great! And I love that lace top you're wearing in your before pictures. So cute! :)
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    WOW! Just WOW! How gorgeous are you?! Way to go, keep it up!!
  • You look great! And I love that lace top you're wearing in your before pictures. So cute! :)

That lace top actually RIPPED that day. I was wearing clothes that were wayyy too small for me. I only wore it once, that day. I'm so glad I woke up! Now I can wear a top one size smaller than that one. =]
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    You're doing great. Keep going! If an old guy like me can make it to goal, you certainly can!
  • mwright24skinny
    mwright24skinny Posts: 122 Member
    U look great!! KUTGW
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Holy Moly girl! You look amazing!!!
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    You are doing great! In that last pic, sitting on the sofa you have a Lindsay Lohan look! (Meant as a compliment!!)
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Great work, keep it up!
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 425 Member
    Looking good there sweetie!! You're doing wonderful things for yourself. Keep up the amazing work you are doing. :-)
  • Alka97
    Alka97 Posts: 74
    you you look amazing !!! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!