53 down and 45 to go!

Options
I started my weight loss journey in March 2011 and I am just over halfway through. I decided to do something about my body when my doctor told me I was considered pre-diabetic. I also had very high cholesterol for a person my age (I was 19 at the time). I lost about 15 pounds and quit because I was overall okay with how I looked. Well, I got into the swing of things at college, started stuffing my face at any open opportunity, and I gained more than I had lost in the first place. I hit my highest weight at 253, and I joined MFP upon hearing about it from one of my college professors who had had some success with the app.

8 months later, I've lost 53 pounds and I have 45 to go, give or take when I get there.

Probably around 250 something in these pictures:
fatphoto1-2-1.jpg

fatphoto2-1.jpg

At 200 last week:

ozarkmedievalfortress.jpg

me-1.jpg

Replies

• LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    you look lovely! Keep up the amazing work!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your success so far--and you have beautiful hair! :)
  • dreamgurl2324
    dreamgurl2324 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    great job! keep up the good work! your all downhill from here!! you look awesome!!
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! You are very pretty.That is great that you lost 53lbs in 8 months.
  • Dstny1957
    Dstny1957 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look and sound great. It's encouraging to see how well you have done, and impressive that you have done that while going to school. Keep it up! I just started MFP and I am very excited about how well I think it will work, and all the supportive people here!
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    way to go
  • silverfox678
    silverfox678 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You look awesome... Good luck with your goals.
  • mrrodriguez
    Options
    I am so impressed with your story, your pictures, and your positive attitude. I feel like I'm in the middle of my voyage (26 down, 30 to go), and I'm a little tired from all the exercise. I can see the finish line now though, and don't want to stop until I reach my goal. Your post really helps me feel like it may be a long and winding road, but it's worth it to get home. Thanks. :smile:
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    You look great! And I love that lace top you're wearing in your before pictures. So cute! :)
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    WOW! Just WOW! How gorgeous are you?! Way to go, keep it up!!
  • ManicMelody
    Options
    You look great! And I love that lace top you're wearing in your before pictures. So cute! :)

That lace top actually RIPPED that day. I was wearing clothes that were wayyy too small for me. I only wore it once, that day. I'm so glad I woke up! Now I can wear a top one size smaller than that one. =]
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You're doing great. Keep going! If an old guy like me can make it to goal, you certainly can!
  • mwright24skinny
    mwright24skinny Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    U look great!! KUTGW
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly girl! You look amazing!!!
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! In that last pic, sitting on the sofa you have a Lindsay Lohan look! (Meant as a compliment!!)
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Great work, keep it up!
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Looking good there sweetie!! You're doing wonderful things for yourself. Keep up the amazing work you are doing. :-)
  • Alka97
    Alka97 Posts: 74
    Options
    you you look amazing !!! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!