Looking for new mommies who have made progress...

Options
I'm looking for new mommies who have had some weight loss progress. :) I need to be motivated badly! Can I hear about or see your success? Thanks so much. I don't know what my deal is, but I need to seriously get on board!!

Replies

• Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I am a mommy to a 3 year old boy and as you can see by my ticker I have lost 68 lbs since Jan of this year. Feel free to add me.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    What do you consider a new mommy? My baby is 11 months old. But I've been a mommy for 8yrs lol.
  • Shannon_Nicole83
    Shannon_Nicole83 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My baby is almost 6 months and I am officially pre-pregnancy weight as of last week. Actually, at my doctors appointment this morning I am 3 pounds less than I was when I got pregnant. Woo hoo!! I still have a long way to go, but I'm on the right track! I've lost a total of 35 pounds, most of that was before I joined MFP, but I had started to gain it back and freaked out. So here I am. I definitely think being here helps. Logging my food, wow...I had no idea...it's all about accountability. And being cheered on and supported is amazing, I get sad when I log onto facebook and no one is cheering me on (my facebook friends are lame compared to my MFP friends). You can do it Mama!!
  • lemanda
    lemanda Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Well, my kids are 5 and 2 and a half, but its taken me almost that 2 and a half years to lose 53 pounds. I didn't really get serious until January of this year. You just have to take it one day at a time and maybe simple swaps like caluiflower instead of pasta or rice and less processed foods. I ate chicken and either broccoli or cauliflower almost every night when I first started! And just get moving! Even if its dancing around your living room! Good luck!
  • caitmcwill
    Options
    I'm a newer mommy, my daughter is now 7 months old...and I'm not sure how that happened. Time has already gone by too quickly. I just completed P90 and lost 45lbs due to it. I'm always looking for people to help motivate me. Feel free to add me :)
  • jenniffer324
    jenniffer324 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have 3 children but my youngest is 3.5 months old. I have lost a total of 31 lbs and am far below my pre-pregnancy weight. I actually am more fitter and leaner than I have been for many years. Friends have noticed right away how lean and trim I look now. I lost quite a bit of weight before i joined mfp and since mfp i've lost 7lbs.

I have never really tracked my food before or exercised as seriously as I have before. This site is great mainly b/c of the motivation factor from friends and people here on the message boards. There have been many days where I did not want to get up and exercise but after seeing my friends logging theirs I knew I had to get off my butt and do something.

It takes time but it will happen. I still have plenty of work to do and being a mommy to 3 there are days where it's tough to find time to exercise and eat healthy but I know it's worth it for me and my children.

Keep at it! You can do it.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'll go ahead and post my success story here so far.

I never lost the weight I gained with my son, I gained almost a 100 pounds during the 7yrs of his life. Actually I found out I was pregnant 6 months before his 7th birthday, I weighed in at 250, I found out in my first trimester I had GD. I was put on a strict diet. For my baby and myself I followed it, I taught myself will power and I learned how to eat right. I ended up losing 70lbs in my pregnancy. I had a c-section with her. Well I weighed 180 at my 6 week check up after she was born. I gained 25lbs back, and then decided it was time to do something I was beginning to hate myself. I'm 1 pound shy of that 70lb loss.

I'll be very happy though when I can officially say that I'm in single digit jeans lol.
  • MommyJami
    Options
    WOW TO EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU! Such motivating stories. I'm a newer mommy. I shouldn't say "new". My little girl just turned eight months old! Anyhow, I am looking to change my lifestyle for her. I hate working out, absolutely loathe it. I am so...lazy about it. I enjoy being active; I just don't like the ritual of working out. Anyhow, I am struggling because I find myself not eating much during the day due to being busy with work or the baby, and then 10pm rolls around and I'm raiding the pantry and grabbing quick, unhealthy choices. I find it difficult to start this journey around the holidays, but I am committed to trying to be the best me I can be, especially in this area. I've struggled with an eating disorder before, so losing weight is a risky road for me. Anyhow, thanks for the support!! You guys are amazing!
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    My daughter is a Feb 2011 baby, and I also have a 2.5 year old son. I'm not a completed success story yet, but I will be one day. I started actually using my MFP account in September and I am now 26lbs lighter (hopefully tomorrow morning it will be 28-29). I had lost some during pregnancy with her so my total loss it more like 46lbs.

I found for myself, I had to stop with the excuses and be honest with myself. It is extremely important to me that I model a healthy lifestyle for my kids. I've really had to prioritize my new lifestyle and put a lot of effort in to change. I'm hoping that with time it gets easier, but until then I have to kick my own butt every day :)
  • MummaAimz
    MummaAimz Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Ive been a mommy for 6 years....and a mommy of 2 for 3....I was 160 pounds before I got pregnant with my daughter and in July when I got family pictures done I couldnt even look at the results. I had let myself get up to 217 pounds......and I can't even remember where it all started. I've lost 19 pounds since then. I was mainly doing diet and short cardio work outs but I have recently decided I want to take this very seriously. Tomorrow I start my new routine of weight training M-W-F and cardio T-T-S withn sundays off. I want to not only loose the weight and keep it off, but I want to start a career as a trainer. Ive never wanted anything so badly in my life. I want to be a good example for my babies, I want them to live a healthy and happy life. I don't ever want my kids to feel the way I felt all through high school and into my early twenties as everyones "fat" friend.
    Its harder for moms, finding the time with kids around soaking up all of your attention, but it is do-able. IT CAN BE DONE! Before July next year I will be a living breathing example that you can turn it all around.
  • KelleyElisa
    KelleyElisa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had my son in June 2011 (makes him almost 6 month =]) I'm 5'2 and currently 138 pounds...down from 170 when I had him. Before I got pregnant, I was up 10 pounds from my ideal weight at 130. Being comfortable in a relationship for over 2 years will do that to you =\ anyways...I know I (and you!!!) can do this because I have done it before. I went from 144 to 118 in 6 months by strictly counting calories. It's harder this time around but I want to do it so I can feel better about myself :) good luck!
  • dandan1974
    Options
    I am a mommy of 5. My youngest is 5 1/2 months (born in June), and my oldest is almost 18. I am currently about 5 pounds less than my pre-pregnancy weight... so YIPPEE to me! I feel good about that, especially because many people doubted I could lose the weight after baby #5. Despite being proud of my small accomplishment, my body image is a daily struggle just because of having 5 kids and getting older (and my pre-pregnancy weight was not my ideal). I need to work on toning and getting in shape.

The Couch to 5k workout has really motivated me, as has this site. However, I only got in 1 day of running last week, and I can TELL. I am going to redo week 4 this week and try to motivate myself to eat healthy and get on MFP every day. Also, I am trying to eat "cleaner" - check out www.thegraciouspantry.com - to help me boost my healthy eating choices.

I would love to have a support group on MFP, feel free to add me and we can support each other!
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I will be following this thread. As a new mom I dropped close to my pre pg weight a couple months after birth, but it creeped back up with the huge shift to spending so much time caring for baby & not myself. before the baby I was an avid gym goer & beginning runner.

I would like to hear how the moms balance everything to include a good amount of exercise.
  • Karasene
    Karasene Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I'm a mommy of 3. My daughter is 2, my son is 7, and my step son is 10. I run a daycare from my home and that takes up 13 hours of my day so I don't have much time for myself after i take care of my family. I also coach youth cheerleading and my son and step son are very active in sports. I am really busy. I try and work out during nap time but if the kids don't cooperaste or there is no school then that can't happen. Alot of people exercise alot but I only do 30 minutes a day 4 x per week. My calorie intake is 1200 so that is enough for me. I just have to fit in the exercise when I can. It is hard juggling everything but It is something i have to do or i will be obese. Goodluck to you. I also just started a group just for us mommy's. Here is the link if you'd like to join http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/934-mommy-s-losing-it
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    my son just turned 10 months yesterday...when i was in labor on jan 20th i was 298. today i am 182:) and i weigh 40lbs less than i did prepregnancy

about 35 weeks pregnant
    IMG_0010.jpg

and me about a month ago...
    110511160518.jpg
  • Mama_CAEI
    Options
    I'm a mommy of 4; I have an 8 year old daughter, 6 year old boy-girl twins and a 13 month old daughter. When I got pregnant with #4 I was at my highest non-pregnant weight. I now weigh 47 lbs less than when I got pregnant with her. Compared to my pre-pregnancy weight with #1, I'm 29 lbs lighter. So, really, I'm at the healthiest weight that I have ever been in my adult life!!
    It's not easy with kids, so rather than focus on exercising, I have been focusing on eating healthier and eating less. I'm also still nursing the baby, which has been helping me shed the pounds.
    You can do this!!
  • mcveezy
    mcveezy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i'm a new mommy, my daughter is 5 months now. I joined in september and started my "eating adjustment" and working out october 1st. I set a goal every 1st of the month, its short term which makes it more exciting, atleast to me. I gained 75 lbs during pregnancy. pre-pregnancy weight was 145. I was up to 220.
    October 1st I was 188. my first goal was exceeded, @ my November 1st weigh in I weighd 178, plus a few inches all over.
    Still have quite a jouney ahead of me, BUT its my size 7 clothes that motivate me, I now can only fit into an 11! I too loathe working out and have no time to do it except 1am but i go to the gym 4-5 times a week cuz I want my old body back!!!! you can do it girl
  • MsWhiteParks
    MsWhiteParks Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    WOW TO EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU! Such motivating stories. I'm a newer mommy. I shouldn't say "new". My little girl just turned eight months old! Anyhow, I am looking to change my lifestyle for her. I hate working out, absolutely loathe it. I am so...lazy about it. I enjoy being active; I just don't like the ritual of working out. Anyhow, I am struggling because I find myself not eating much during the day due to being busy with work or the baby, and then 10pm rolls around and I'm raiding the pantry and grabbing quick, unhealthy choices. I find it difficult to start this journey around the holidays, but I am committed to trying to be the best me I can be, especially in this area. I've struggled with an eating disorder before, so losing weight is a risky road for me. Anyhow, thanks for the support!! You guys are amazing!

I am in the same boat as you in many ways! I'm a new mummy too, my LO is 7weeks old :)

I have to be super careful with watching my weight as I also suffered with an ED when I was younger! I find myself being super strict during the day as I have bubz to look after I don't tend to have time to think let alone eat anyway :-) but as soon as she is in bed I get obsessive food thoughts, and often find myself eating something and not really being sure how I ended up in the kitchen! I find it most difficult as we moved to the area 3months ago, and I don't know anyone so I have no one to be accountable to if that makes sense! I'm almost too embarassed to ask my other half as he has such perfect will power! (damn him!)

So if I can be of any help in the form of just having someone to talk too, please feel free to add me!

If not then GOODLUCK!

X
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    my son is now 5 but before i got pregnant i was a size 3 jeans and 115lbs. when i went into labor i believe i weighed 198. the day i went home i was roughly 150-155 and i couldnt fit into any of my clothes so i knew for me not to live in pj pants and baggy t-shirts i had to do something. so for me to get down to a healthy happy weight i quit all pop, no junk food, and worked my butt off to burn calories (because i didnt ever exercise) and i finally made my happy weight of 138 in a matter of 2-3 months. and stayed that way until a year ago. Now i am on a long journey to eventually get back to that weight. Good luck to all of you mothers we all deserve to be happy and healthy!
  • rosepetals_03
    rosepetals_03 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am a new(ish) mommy as well :) I have a 3yr old daughter and a 5month old son.... I, like you, LOATHE working out! lol actually it's become a lot more tolerable now because I know it produces results! I have been overweight my whole life and just kinda dealt with it so I was never happy with 'me'.... I only gained 10lbs during my first pregnancy and after having my daughter I lost those 10lbs plus an additional 15. Needless to say that made me happy but over the following year or so I gained all of it back =/ I started working out and gained approximately 10lbs (taking me up to 190lbs @ 5'2") - that almost broke me but then I found MFP and my life is forever changed! I dont have 2hrs a day to work out like some of the folks on here (I work 40hrs/wk...am married and have 2 little ones) but I found that even working out 3-4 days per week for 1/2 hr to 45minutes helped me tremendously (and of course the BIG key was using MFP). Once I started tracking my calories it made me realize what I was eating and the amount of calories I was blindly inhaling lol. I started this journey in Feb 2010 at 190lbs and got down to 176lbs by Sept. 2010. Tthen found out I was pregnant...I didnt restrict myself as seriously while pregnant but remembered to workout and make healthy choices (actually lost 7lbs during pregnancy). I had him via C-section in June 2011 and am now down from the 176lbs pre-pregnancy to 130lb =D It can be done!!! I am approximately 5lbs from goal and never in my life thought it was possible....I was the least motivated person when it came to working out and used to roll my eyes at ppl who counted calories, but now...people roll their eyes at me when they ask how I did and I reply 'working out and counting calories/portion control' LOL I did it the old fashioned way! So to sum it up I went from 5'2" 190lbs (wearing a size 16jeans and XL or 1X womens shirts) down to 130lbs (wearing size 7 or 9 jeans(juniors size) 8/10(misses jeans) and Med/Large shirts). I still have approx 5lbs to lose and would like to tone up but for now I couldn't be happier!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!