I just ate 3,200 calories, What now?

Options
I just ate 3,200 calories..my goal was 1,200-1,400. Sighhh.. Is there any way I can recover from this without weight gain? What should I do for tommorow? I feel so terrible right now, sorry I have to put this on the forms but I just really need to know how I can avoid these days and recover from them because I always gain weight from this. Thanks for your time. Any advice helps a lot! Hopefully all is going well for you guys! :)

~I love new friends, feel free to add me, I hope I can be a good support for you all .~

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Go for a hard workout and burn off some of it.

Secondly, forgive yourself. Tomorrow is a new day so treat it as a fresh chance to do better. Don't worry if you stumble a few hundred times along this road. We all do :smile:
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Go for a hard workout and burn off some of it.

Secondly, forgive yourself. Tomorrow is a new day so treat it as a fresh chance to do better. Don't worry if you stumble a few hundred times along this road. We all do :smile:

I agree. Do a work out.. A long hard one.
  • DesertSunsetRain
    Options
    Just move on from it and continue with things tomorrow. Even if you gain a little, it's going to slip right back off. You only went about 1000ish over. That's not even a full pound. You are fine, things are fine... you aren't going to gain a pound from this that will never come off.
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    No point in worrying about one day. Besides fer that many calories it musta been good! Get up tomorrow and continue like nothing happened.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water & yes, forgive yourself & move on! Take a look at my diary because you are not alone!
  • lilmisslollipop
    Options
    Don't worry about it too much! We all have our bad days....Actually, today, I ate 1500 calories...JUST for lunch. But I've accepted that today hasn't been a great day for me. It's in the past, I can't go back in time and stop myself. But, the future is clear of any mistakes, so look forward, not back.
    Tomorrow, just get back on track. Work out a bit harder and burn more calories, drink a heap of water and tea and don't beat yourself up to much about it.
    Again, we ALL have our bad days. It's impossible not to slip up every now and then when losing weight. Just keeping moving forward. :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Learn from the experience - how did this happen? What would you differently next time?
  • Jadesfattorment
    Options
    Tell myself NOO drop the cookie! :)
  • healthchick
    healthchick Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Whats done is done, do not starve yourself tomorrow, simply work out a bit harder. This journey is about living so there will be days when it all goes wrong, the key is not to panic. You can do this
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Just let it go.....
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else.

Also, try to put food in your diary before you eat it. If you know the calorie count you will be more inclined not to eat it. Use will power and make smarter choices.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Also, try to put food in your diary before you eat it. If you know the calorie count you will be more inclined not to eat it. Use will power and make smarter choices.

Really great suggestion! This is super-useful for planning out your daily meals.
  • Jadesfattorment
    Options
    Great idea!
  • ElisaMarie82
    Options
    I would like you to know that you are not alone! I tend to regret a lot of stuff I eat, but now I make myself pay for it. Here's my opinion....punish yourself with an extra hard workout! If you continue to brush days like this off you're never going to break the bad habit!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself. Tomorrow is a new day! I doubt you'll gain weight from it, especially if you get right back on track.
    If you'd like, you can try to work out a bit more over the next few days. It'll help burn off some of those extra calories :)
    And congrats on keeping yourself accountable and logging the food anyway. :)
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about it! You can easily burn it off with 5-10 minutes of extra workout for a couple of weeks :)
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said. This is a long journey and it is definitely one day at a time. I uses to eat more than that in one meal. I was the world's biggest junk food eater and couch potato and if I can do this, you should be able to kick butt. Just keep a positive attitude. Tell your self that you are worth it. Every day isn't perfect but it is a learning opportunity. Before you know it the hard days will be behind you and you will be amazed at how strong you have truly become.
    Everyone here at MFP is behind you and beside you 100% and always willing to listen and be supportive. You can and will succeed. You are awesome and don't let anyone-including yourself-tell you different. Go get em girl. :happy:

Troy
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I would like you to know that you are not alone! I tend to regret a lot of stuff I eat, but now I make myself pay for it. Here's my opinion....punish yourself with an extra hard workout! If you continue to brush days like this off you're never going to break the bad habit!

No! Bad idea! Never use a workout to punish yourself!
    Workouts should be about rewarding your body with endorphins and taking care of yourself and getting healthier.
    If you start to see workouts as punishment then you'll grow to hate them and be less likely to work out. Plus it's never good to punish yourself. It's better to forgive yourself and use your mistakes as motivation to do better in the future.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I can almost match you - it was my granddaughter's 5th birthday party yesterday and it wasn't until I got home and started totting up what I'd eaten that I realised just how much I HAD :(

Not worth beating myself up about it though; what's done is done, so why don't you do as I am, just put it behind you and start afresh today.

I'm going to eat better today and try to fit in some extra cardio.

:smile: ' Don't look back, as you're not going in that direction' :smile:
  • timingsands
    Options

This is really good advice. It's what I have been doing recently to cut down on unplanned nibbling and snacking. I still snack but I also make sure to get in some workouts to balance it out.

For the next week try increasing your exercise to compensate for the extra calories you consumed. A great way to burn off calories in a short period of time is a stationary bike! Try to maintain a speed between 14 mph to 15.9 mph (this is listed as vigorous speed) Depending on your weight you could burn 800 to 1000 calories per hour.

Don't beat yourself up. There's a Kaiser Permanente radio commercial that actually gives good advice, something like when you take two steps forward then take one step back, you've still taken one step forward. Cheesy, but very sound!