Any minor at-home cardio I can do today?

Options
It's been a busy few days and I've been to the gym for half an hour each time. Today I am just run down from a late night and by the time I've finished my shift at work and written an essay for school I'm not going to want to go to the gym. But I'm going to go tomorrow night. :)
Apart from sit-ups for my abs work, is there anything I can do in a small space to burn a couple of hundred calories?

By the way, I'm Laura and I'm new. Hi!

Replies

• discodaddy61
    discodaddy61 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    try jumping rope running in place basic calisthenics that you learned in middle school etc
  • gailosborne
    Options
    Hi, intervals of jumping jacks, squat jumps, ski jumps or running on the spot. You could do basic squats, lunges holding a couple of water bottles/large cans etc. Look for something on youtube, there are lots of great workouts! =)
  • Agito
    Agito Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I do jogging in place and log it as Wii Fit Free Run
  • Slimntrim90
    Options
    you could jog in place...........
  • OutiR
    OutiR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    For future needs you might wanna get a GYMSTICK to bring strength training home when no time/energy to go gym!?
    I just cleaned the dust from mine... ;-)
  • OutiR
    OutiR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    For cardio you could go and climb stairs in your house if it has them! Very effective in high rise houses!!!
  • lekelly1
    Options
    Thanks guys x
  • kthiess5
    Options
    Burpees work well too! I usually do 5 sets of 10 reps!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ooh ooh ME!!

Turn up the tunes and dance your bootty off! The last time I did that for 30 minutes I burned 220 cals! Of course I am older,and out of shape from not working out for awhile, but it was the BEST calorie burn! I was LOL and my dog joined me!

:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    For cardio you could go and climb stairs in your house if it has them! Very effective in high rise houses!!!

I live on the 3rd floor and have a dog. I swear I would have put on 50 instead of 10 pounds since my move. I love to play with her, tug of war. Also, when I walk her she likes to make me go faster....faaaaster!! :laugh:

Maybe that is why there was a study showing people with animals live longer. At 50 I will take every extra day thankyouverymuch!!:drinker:
  • djmom1984
    djmom1984 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Stairs. Jumping jacks. Sprinting in place.
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options
    Ooh ooh ME!!

Turn up the tunes and dance your bootty off! The last time I did that for 30 minutes I burned 220 cals! Of course I am older,and out of shape from not working out for awhile, but it was the BEST calorie burn! I was LOL and my dog joined me!

:flowerforyou:

I second that!
  • lekelly1
    Options
    arewethereyet- That is the most fun answer! :D Ta x
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    arewethereyet- That is the most fun answer! :D Ta x

:bigsmile:

after this post I got up and danced:laugh:
  • Emme727
    Emme727 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yes! We have weekend kitchen dance parties.... as we cook or clean, we turn up the music and dance. It is motivating for cleaning as well as for working cardio. :)