Scale question

Options
I know I've asked before....but I have to ask again.
I've had two digital scales. One broke on me the other day.
The problem is that there was a two pound difference between the
two of them. So which scale do I trust ?.

Replies

• SaintOnEarth
    Options
    Honestly the scale is just giving you a number. As long as you stick to one scale and know you are tracking your weight on the same scale that is all that matters. I use a weight watchers scale I bought from Sears which cost probably like 40.. but honestly it doesn't matter. Just use one to track a number.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I agree, the scale just gives you a number. I only weigh myself once a month at the gym. I joined on the 1st and once a month, they let me know my progress. I refuse to be a slave to the scale.

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Matttdvg
    Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    No scale you have in your home is going to be 100% accurate. And it doesn't really need to be. The key is to look for trends in your weight rather than stressing over whether the actual number is right. Seeing that number fall is the important thing, not what the number is.
  • destinfun
    Options
    I also had a digital scale and when I would go to the doctor I actually weighed less than I weighed at home on my personal digital scale. I recently had a nurse that screens customers for life insurance tell me that she had to do away with the digital scale because of inaccurate readings; she uses the regular scale instead. I just this week purchased myself the regular scale and did away with my digital all together. One thing to remember when using either of the scales is to be certain that it isn't positioned on your ceramic grout lines; this will give you an inaccurate reading. Good Luck!
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have a weight watcher scale which I check accuracy with a 20 pound weight from my husbands workout bench. It is right on the dot and I hope it stays there sinse it gets banged around sometimes because i also use it on my job at work and it has to be accurate there.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Kick the scale until it tells you you're at your goal weight.

Seriously though, what Matttdvg said is good advice.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I'd use the scale that isn't broken! :bigsmile:

But yes, there are variances between scales. As others said, just follow the overall trend and don't be too stuck on any particular number in your head. Go by your fitness and how your clothes feel and how your sexy muscles look! :)
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    u dont...u throw away the scale and take measurements :P
  • chasitya
    Options
    My scale says I weigh almost 160 pounds! But I don't feel like it! I remember when I was that size and I could never fit into the clothes I wear now. It's very frusterating.