1 month and what am I missing

Options
Hey folks, been doing this for one month and am not losing what it says I should. Three of the days per week I work out twice daily and the other days(2,3), I work out once. My goal is to lose 1.5# week. I always am under amount to eat. A bit confused. Seems like I am just treading water at this point.

Replies

• ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    make sure you also get in your water that plays a big part. stick with it sometimes it takes some of us longer to stat losing.
  • jsharpnack
    jsharpnack Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    are you checking on your measurements at all? Have they changed at all? It took about 6 weeks for me to start to see the scale move....keep it up!
  • LeoMitchell
    Options
    Be sure to stay hydrated. Dehyrdation will hinder weight loss in a major way. So be sure to get all your water in. I count mine by using my water bottle. Your should be having at least 8 glasses a day, more when your working out hard.
  • jguad
    jguad Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes, I drink my wayer daily-always. Started this to lose last 15 pounds. Just lost 35# in the last year, but have been basically stuck for 3 months now and MFP was recommended to me.
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    We don't have enough information about you. For example, if you are close to the weight you should be or under it you may not lose as quickly, you may be gaining muscle weight because you work out so much, you may not be eating enough or may not be eating the right foods.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you netting a day? If you net below 1200 for a significant period of time, you will stop losing weight because that is below your BMR (the amount of calories your body needs to survive). Because of that, your body is holding on to everything you give it in order to just survive. Try upping your calories. I know it sounds counter-intuitive to eat more to lose more, but it does work!
  • susanofscottsdale
    Options
    Too little information, but what I have learned from my own experience:

1. drink water
    2. MFP seriously overstates the calorie expenditure from exercise. Even if you trust the #'s, eat back only up to 50% of your burn.
    3. Manage your carb and protein intake, as well as calories. To lose weight I had to adjust my carb goal down and protein up from the default MFP settings. I treat the protein target as a min, and the carb target as a max.
    4. Starvation mode does not happen to your body in a month. Neither does muscle weight gain.
    5. Weight loss is not even or consistent in the short term. One month is a short term.
    6. Some people (including me) benefit from carb-cycling. Alternating high protein/very low carb days with days more consistent with the targets.

Good luck!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Yes, I drink my wayer daily-always. Started this to lose last 15 pounds. Just lost 35# in the last year, but have been basically stuck for 3 months now and MFP was recommended to me.
    The last 15 lbs will be harder and you'll need to slow down the pace to be successful. Change your goals to lose 1 lb/week instead of 1.5. This will give you some more calories to eat which will give your body more fuel. As backward as it sounds, when you get closer to your goal, the lower your deficit should be and the more fuel your body will require to get there, especially if you're not eating your exercising calories back which increases your deficit even more.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    How do you calculate your exercise calories? If you go by what MFP estimates them as you will be about 30% over your actual burn, which may put you over your calorie limit.