Urge to splurge just before you drop

Options
I have noticed through all the years of dieting that, you can be coasting along just fine and all your days are going good and then you get one of those awful days where you just want to throw the surrender flag down and pig out to your hearts content. Making every excuse you can come up with for why it happened and feeling so bad and still thinking well I already blew this all to hell so why not go for it all and just eat the whole damn what pizza, bag of chips, block of cheese, bag of cookies, what ever "IT" is.... If just if you resist that horrid temptation, and DO NOT go on that splurge, I find the next day is the day when you see that drop you have been waiting for. It's almost like your body knows it is going to lose a bit and it is screaming out trying so so so hard not to let go of itself even just a little bit, that your own body sabotoges you. Try to think of this when you are facing that day when you are at your breaking point, and be sure to watch for that DROP on the scale. It may not be the very first thing the next morning but it is close, really close.

Replies

• krissy_pooo
    krissy_pooo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I really wish I had read this an hour ago.
  • RobertG86
    Options

HAHA, made me smile.
  • dntworribhappi
    dntworribhappi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Interesting post - Thanks for sharing. I've probably never noticed that, because I've almost always just given in to the craving. Guess that is how I got where I am! But now I am here, and I (we all) will lose the weight!
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Good to know.....now I need to know how do you avoid that urge?!? I have heard that before that the body doesn't want to lose weight and so it makes you crave sugar when it knows you are about to let go of some weight. The PIG OUT urge can be very strong some days....gonna try hard to STOP the madness and show my body who's boss!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    It's good to splurge. I did it once a week or so when I was losing. Splurging is not for everyone. If you are in the last few weeks before a fitness or bodybuilding competition, then it's probably better to stay very strict. But for the rest of us, it's a nice thing to do for our psychology and to keep the body from thinking that it's in a famine.
  • kacierra
    kacierra Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I hope that thinking about this & watching for it will help me fight off one of those urges. Thanks for posting the information.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Yeah - me too :ohwell:
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options

Yes, me too!
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    It's good to splurge. I did it once a week or so when I was losing. Splurging is not for everyone. If you are in the last few weeks before a fitness or bodybuilding competition, then it's probably better to stay very strict. But for the rest of us, it's a nice thing to do for our psychology and to keep the body from thinking that it's in a famine.

I agree. Every so often I just feel more hungry than usual, or like eating junk, and I just do it anyway. I don't feel guilty about it at all because the next day I'm back to eating healthily and within my calories. It's just one day, and the most important thing to me is that I *stay* on my diet in the long run. That's the reason I'm still losing weight. Every other diet I've given up on.
  • AppleJuiceMoney
    Options
    Wow thanks for that post... That's actually really cool not to mention motivating! I wonder if anyone else has experienced this firsthand? Would love it to be true haha!
  • LaKeshiaS
    Options
    The "urge" or craving that we get only lasts 3 mins. If we can get thru that we're good! When I get that urge to splurge I look at my watch and jog in place or do toe touches for 3 mins lol :bigsmile:
  • krissy_pooo
    krissy_pooo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    The "urge" or craving that we get only lasts 3 mins. If we can get thru that we're good! When I get that urge to splurge I look at my watch and jog in place or do toe touches for 3 mins lol :bigsmile:

Are u kidding?? It sure as hell feels like longer than 3 minutes let me tell you! I swear mine go on for hours- or until I satisfy the damn urge. We must vow to fight harder, or for at least 4 minutes!