iphone app question

So, I'm new to the whole smart phone business, and today I'm going on my first long distance run without pushing a stroller. I just started using this app called imapmyrun, and love the thing.

Anyways, other times I was able to just stick it in the strollers cup holder. Today, its going to have to be in a pocket. The problem here is that while this app is running the touch screen is up an active the entire time, and i know it being in my pocket is going to cause problems with it.

So, if anyone is familiar with this at all, do you know if theres a way to lock the touch screen without having it go to the lock screen (so i can still see the map, and mph/pace at a quick glance), or a separate app that may accomplish the same thing? I think I remember reading something about a separate app a couple months ago for use with the ipod portion of the phone but am not having any luck finding it now.

Replies

• LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    I don't know the answer to this, but wanted to bump for later. I have that app downloaded, but I've never used it. I'm interested in the answer....
  • izzyissy
    izzyissy Posts: 48 Member
    Go to the settings on your iPhone then go to Where it says general
    Click on that and you will see something that says autolock. Click on that
    Activate that and your phone will stay locked until you put a four digit
    Password in. It's neat
  • curbnoise
    curbnoise Posts: 37 Member
    I use the endomondo app and it has a setting for running under the lock screen. Check and see if imapmyrun has something similar. If not, get endomondo! Its great and the online tracking with split times, maps, etc... is excellent.
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    I use a free app called movescount which maps your run, gives a stopwatch and speed. The screen locks when you start it.