Need a littlle help!!

Options
I was doing so great. I lost 8 pounds since joining this sight and according to my doctor 25 pounds since Sept. But somewhere along the last 2 weeks I have lost all my motivation. I started eating unhealthy and then stopped working out all together. I made a promise to my self that today I would start all over and get back into it. Any suggestions?:sad:

Replies

• sara1027
    sara1027 Posts: 59
    Options
    I was doing so great. I lost 8 pounds since joining this sight and according to my doctor 25 pounds since Sept. But somewhere along the last 2 weeks I have lost all my motivation. I started eating unhealthy and then stopped working out all together. I made a promise to my self that today I would start all over and get back into it. Any suggestions?:sad:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Seems like you have it all together...keep fighting and plugging along at those pounds and workouts..good luck..perhaps make a written agreement with yourself and be sure to stay accountable and include all your goals on the paper..:flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Can you refocus on your goals and make a specific plan? To lose x amount by x date? Just put one foot infront of the other, log on here, and go about your day. Sometimes is hard, and you are not pumped and motivated as you were in the beginning, but this is when you have to dig in and just put in the work.

Good luck
    :flowerforyou:
  • Roxy34
    Roxy34 Posts: 146
    Options
    Personally, I find it REALLY hard to stay focused if I think TOO much about it. If I put my entire existence into it, I fall off track and then go back to old habits. It ends up seeming like too much work to even bother. But, if I try to go about it 'lightly' and just add it into my day without stressing too much over it, then it doesn't seem as bad.
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    Get a buddy that you commit to check in with once a week, or join a thread where you need to post your results...

I changed from measuring every three weeks with my trainer to weighing once a week, and it has definitely helped me watch what I eat and get in my work outs. No one wants to be up when they get on the scale.

Accountability....commitment...results....it isn't always fun, but getting into your skinny jeans sure is!
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Yah, this is one reason I can't give myself a day "off." It's just too easy to take the next day, and the next day, and the next day.

It helps to keep up your routine. For instance if I take a day off, I make sure it's a Sunday because I go to the gym before work on Monday...forces me to get right back into the swing of things. :tongue:
  • sara1027
    sara1027 Posts: 59
    Options
    THanks for the help!