Muscle Maker Grill

Options
So I live in New Jersey and all of the sudden I see all these restaurants called Muscle Maker Grill popping up. It's supposed to be a healthier alternative to some of the foods that you would eat out. Has anyone tried it? What are your thoughts about the food, nutrition, etc?

Replies

• SaintOnEarth
    Options
    Where in NJ have you seen them? I live in NJ and I have never heard of it LOL.
  • Luvlee85
    Luvlee85 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I live in Florida and actually had it for dinner last night. I enjoyed it very much and the prices were reasonable. I will definitely be going back!!!
  • omgzstef
    omgzstef Posts: 157
    Options
    Never heard of it, but I googled it and saw that it's also in the Bronx & downtown Manhattan (I'm from NY). I checked out the site & seems pretty legit.
  • curbnoise
    curbnoise Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Check out their website. It may be better than McDonald's but their nutrition information looks pretty fast food to me (though they do have same decent options). What they list as "guiltless" entrees run from 467 to 748 in calories and from 8 - 17 grams of fat. Sodium content is pretty high as well. It all depends on what you are looking for in a meal (how many calories and macro nutrients you are willing to burn in one sitting). Just do your homework before you go and make an informed decision.
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Where in NJ have you seen them? I live in NJ and I have never heard of it LOL.

I live in Bergen County so there's at least 2 up here and several more being built.
  • KavemanKarg
    Options
    I wonder how many guys with big muscles actually eat like that.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm in Bergen County too and saw they popped up. I did not know that it was healthy alternatives. There is one in Lyndhurst, Carlstadt, Nutley and Lodi. If it a healthy alternative it might be worth checking out.
  • LeoMitchell
    Options
    I live in Central NJ and haven't found seen any of these yet either.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Wish we had one in NC...sounds GOOD!
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    The nitritional info is on their menus so if you do go it shouldn't be too bad and you should be able to make informed choices about what to eat. I wish everyone did that. All menus should have the nutritional info listed on them like in NYC.
  • queenbee917
    queenbee917 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I live in Central NJ and haven't found seen any of these yet either.
    They are all over central jersey too...check out locations on the website. Never been there though :)
  • mrsjoseywales29
    Options
    I just ate there in pa. I got the EL Mexicana, there is 705 calories but it is big enough for 2 portions. So it ends up being like 352 calories and only 285mg of sodium. The food was awesome and so was the service.