Six lbs to go and the holidays approach!!

Options
I began this diet on my twins' first birthday. My goals were:

Phase One: Lose 70 lbs by Christmas to go from 270 to 200. (DONE)
Phase Two: Lose 20 lbs by the twins' second birthday and reach my pre-pregnancy weight of 180 lbs. (Of which, I have already lost 14 lbs)
Phase Three: Toning and Maintenance (I've bought an elliptical, but that is all.)

Now, I have it in my head to try to get these last six lbs off by Christmas, but the holidays are here. I would regret any weight gain, but I'm way ahead of schedule. I know I'm pushing myself pretty hard. Since mid-August, I've rationed myself at 1000 calories a day. I'm trying to figure out how many calories I can eat and still lose weight.

The hardest part of all of this has been deciding how to maintain a weight loss, how to rewire my brain from losing to staying. 180 lbs may be big for some but it is very small for me. However, since I haven't been under 180 since middle school, the back of my mind questions what it would be like.

I will finish off my rambling/vent with a true introduction. My name is Kate. I teach middle school math. I have five children aged 10, 8, 6, 18mo and 18mo. I have always been a "fat chick" in body, mind, and soul, and I aim to change that. I used to be a size 28, but I'm currently a size 14. I will be happy to be a 14 for the rest of my life but I secretly wish to be able to wear a 12.

Just six lbs to go...

Replies

• vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate.

If you are interested, we have a support group for those trying to lose their last 10 pounds. Great support and motivation!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/813-the-last-10lbs-support-group
  • 2knoxs
    2knoxs Posts: 81
    Options
    You can do this! I too have lots of kidos (which for me make it hard no matter the time of year) they are 14, 13, 7, 5, 5, and 2. Feel free to friend me. :D
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Have you considered the zig-zag approach? Depending on your height, most people's metabolism slows below 1,200 calories/day. You might do well to (carefully) up your calories on alternating days so your metabolism stays revved up. Congrats on your loss!!!:flowerforyou:
  • world2c
    world2c Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Although i think you will have more temptations, I think losing 6 by Christmas is definitely possible (about 1 pound a week). Keep up the amazing work, you've got this!!!
  • oodlesnoodles
    oodlesnoodles Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello Kate!!!

First of all, many congrats on achieving so many of your goals! That takes real dedication and determination! Isn't it amazing what we can do if we only believe in ourselves??

Secondly, regarding the holidays...I know they always seem like such a diet buster for most, but I am willing to bet that if you are exercising regularly (I do not know your fitness schedule, if any) but I am pretty sure your metabolism would easily be able to counter act any sort of "seasonal sabotage". Keep track of your intake and adjust accordingly - see what happens! There is no reason for anyone to not enjoy the holiday season, especially when you have children! Good luck and keep me posted!
  • chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    first of all congratulations to what you have achieved so far. You can really be proud of yourself.

But now I have to say that just eating 1000 calories a day can be way to low. Did you talk to a doctor/nutrition about it? I did get my metabolisom checked and they told me how many calories I can eat to lose weight, to maintain and when I will gain weight.

It all depends on how many calories your body needs to 'survive on the planet'. That is what they told me and it made perfect sense to me :)
  • hoodsclass
    hoodsclass Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's what I was thinking. I currently have no fitness regimen. If I could add one, then maybe I could splurge on some of my seasonal faves!
  • LisaMariaCallow
    Options
    The best way to do this maintainance is to play with calories. Start with 1200/day & go from there. Also, really up your workouts; this will give you a little more "wiggle room" calorie-wise. That's what I'm doing!

Good luck & Happy Holidays!! Friend me if you'd like a buddy!
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    The best way to do this maintenance is to play with calories. Start with 1200/day & go from there. Also, really up your workouts; this will give you a little more "wiggle room" calorie-wise. That's what I'm doing!

Good luck & Happy Holidays!! Friend me if you'd like a buddy!

^^This^^