Fitness goals

Options
Ive stuck to my new lifestyle for the last year now and im nearly at my goal weight, so i decided to start focusing on fitness goals instead, but apart from running times and distance i cant think of any other ideas. anyone else working toward fitness goals?

Replies

• tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    How about in the amout of weight you can lift?? I know some people that by lookin at them they are fit (trim), but they couldn't lift a ten pound weight it they wanted too.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Yep.

I want to be able to run a 10 min mile. Due to some back issues, it is tough but I've gotten very close (10:25). I ran a 5 min 1/2 mile the other day and was really happy about that.

I want to be able to bench press and squat my body weight.

I recently met and exceeded my push up goal. So, I've now moved into being able to deadlift my body weight.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    100 pushup challenge (:

http://hundredpushups.com/
  • sarahnicole1989
    sarahnicole1989 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Strength training! It's really important. You'll never get so big that you look like a guy - thats physically impossible without drugs for women, but you need those muscles to run faster, longer, and harder, so I would say it would be a good place to start!
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Great post and fab ideas people....thank you...
  • kymmixxx
    kymmixxx Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I think im really going to try a 10min mile. As for weights i already life quite heavy and do alot of push ups but i could try more. :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    my november challenge is to do 1500 burpees... 50 per day...!!!
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Have you done any group runs?
  • tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Are there certain activities, i.e. wall climbing, that you might be interested in that you can start having goals for, aside from running a distance in a certain time?

I know for me, once I achieve my goal weight (with diet and exercise), that I'll be able to have the endurance to practice longer hours in various areas of dance. That's pretty much my goal aside from losing the weight and getting healthier.