ONEDERLAND!!!!

Options
Hi everybody! so i started this weight loss journey late August and i am so proud to say that this is the first time that i have committed to it for more than 2 weeks. I was actually smaller up until i got to my senor year in high school, and prior to that i would weigh myself everyday so if i started gaining i would stop eating so much but then somebody borrowed our scale and never brought it back ( IKR who does that!?) . so therefore i wasnt able to see my weight so i just kept eating and by then it was downhill for me. I was approx 155 when i started college and let me tell you what they say abt freshman 15 is true unfortunately mine was freshman, sophmore, junior AND senior 20. I gained a total of 60 pounds in college. I graduated this year May and around August i had an ear infection and that was the beginning of the change, i went to the doctor for the ear infection and my BP was ridiculously higher than it normally was ( now this might have been because of the infection) BUT i was so devastated when the doc said i would have to come back 2 more times to reevaluate and i might have to start BP meds....that was the day i decided to turn it around.

I started at 224.8 and I started logging everything, and i mean EVERYTHING! the first week i lost about 5 pounds, i knew it was water weight but just to see the scale move was an indication that i was moving in the right direction. I decided that i wanted my ultimate goal to be 140. and i also set mini goals so i could stay encouraged. one of my mini goals was to be under 200 by my 21st birthday which is today WHOOO!! lol so since then i cut out fast foods for the most part and if i did eat fast food, i was either exercising with my WII just dance or on the treadmill, i started eating more veggies and fruits. I still eat everything that i love but in moderation and this is why it has been so successful for me because i dont feel deprived and i now love pushing myself at the gym to see how strong i am and i am proving to be a lot stronger than i thought..

ANyways like i mentioned earlier my first goal was to be 199.9 by today and i got on the scale and it said (drumroll please) 197.6! im so ecstatic and proud of myself and im ready to achieve my next goal which is 189 by Jan 1st. honestly i dont see the changes when i look in the mirror but my jeans fit sooo much better! Im still far from my goal, have abt 60 pounds to go but i know i can do it, its been hard along the ways, ive had my depressing and discouraging days but i CAN'T STOP & I WON'T STOP! Thanks for reading, Be blessed.

10614423.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• kristarablue
    Options
    Excellent!!! Amazing achievement
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY and congratulations on your success thus far! Keep it up and remember, we didn't put it on in a few days so it will take more than a few days to take it off. Slowly wins the race! :flowerforyou:
  • kbd517
    kbd517 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you :) Taking care of yourself and getting results- that's a pretty good birthday gift :) Happy birthday!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    What an awesome birthday present to yourself!!! Congratulations and happy birthday!!!
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations! That's wonderful news. Keep up the great work!!!
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday & Congratulations on giving yourself the Best Birthday present anyone else could give you. You have a wonderful future ahead of you due to having made that one decision! Excellent!!
  • swtgrl42
    swtgrl42 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    congratualtions!! that is a wonderful accomplishment and a great sign of more to come. good luck
  • teezmom
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Congratulations, you met your mini goal with pounds to spare! I am sooooo happy for you!
    You remind me of myself. I started at 226 and I am determined to get to 140. So far I have lost 6 lbs. I ,too, set mini goals. I hope to be under 200 by Christmas day.

Continue to live like a loser...after a while, others can't help but notice!
  • MzBeauty2U
    MzBeauty2U Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Good job!! Yay!!
  • philsy1
    philsy1 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Proud accomplishment and good story too. Congrats!
  • Sweetcoko
    Options
    Hi there lady, I am sooooo proud of you! Congratulations on your success and keep on until you reach your goal.! THumbs up lady!
  • 70kilo
    70kilo Posts: 34
    Options
    Happy birthday! You gave yourself a fantastic birthday present. Well done!:happy:
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday and Congrats!
  • VictoryIzSw33t
    Options
    Congrats!!! And happy birthday!
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute....today is your 21st birthday and you have already completed four years of college????
    Congrats on your weight loss and even better-you are awesome!
    Keep the faith-you will make your goal!
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Woooohoooooo! Weigh to go!!!!!:love::flowerforyou: :drinker: :heart: :bigsmile: :tongue: :happy:
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Happy Dance for you!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • klewis81
    klewis81 Posts: 122
    Options
    Great story! You have done a fantastic job!
  • im_blessed
    im_blessed Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute....today is your 21st birthday and you have already completed four years of college????
    Congrats on your weight loss and even better-you are awesome!
    Keep the faith-you will make your goal!

thank you! & yes I get that alot lol but I started school 2 yrs earlier than my peers
  • im_blessed
    im_blessed Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!