Fat guy on a plane - NSV!

Options

Replies

• lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    That has to be the most wonderful feeling!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!
  • wjranch
    wjranch Posts: 152
    Options
    Fantastic! I know you must feel a huge sense of pride in your accomplishment.... Way to Go!! and Keep up the new, healthy lifestyle!
  • char71165
    char71165 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    nsv way to go man! I remember all the uncomfortable flights I have had. One of the main reasons I am working so dilligently on reducing my weight (other than my heath) is to comfortably fly again. I love to travel. i havent flown in almost 3 years due to my weight. BRAVO on your accomplishments!
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing! Congrats!:flowerforyou:
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    That's fantastic...good for you!
  • karenhs2
    karenhs2 Posts: 197
    Options
    I need to go do my intro but i could so relate to this but kind of from the other end. You see I gained a lot of weight in the last few years and then had to fly recently for the first time in quite a while. Boy, it is really not the same, I used to enjoy flying but that is another point. Anyhow, at 240 lbs, I felt like I was half sitting in the other person's lap. I wasn't really though I had to sort of lean out into the aisle in order not to be rubbing shoulders. It was a thoroughly unpleasant experience and one that led me to saying enough is enough, I don't want to go any further down this road!! It gave me a new appreciation for what my husband, who is larger than me and a frequent flyer, goes through.

Very big kudos to you! I am not even sure what NSV means though i suspect it is something like No Small Victory and this one certainly isn't - it is huge! (or maybe that is what one is trying to avoid saying?). <smile>
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I don't even know you and I am so proud of you and very happy for you! What a great feeling that must be!!!
  • rubyosburn
    rubyosburn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is a great NSV, keep up the great work!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Planes are uncomfortable enough for a regular sized person. I can only imagine how embarrassing that would have been, and how much you'd have to squish into things. I'm glad you hear you are doing better!

My husband used to have issues fitting into booths at restaurants and he once broke a row of seats in a lecture hall. He's seen his share of embarrassment with furniture that isn't built to handle his weight.

He's lost about 50 lbs. and he can sit on any chair he wants now.
  • gpbaldwin03
    gpbaldwin03 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Feel free to friend me up. We can inspire one another.

One person asked - NSV = non scale victory. Don't worry,that is probably the most commonly asked question on MFP. I think they should send an email about it when you sign up. That and yes, you should eat your excersize calories.

One more thing about the airport I forgot. I didn't have to turn sideways to fit through the metal detector. I used to always set it off because my jacket would graze the side.
  • catdoc1
    catdoc1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excellent, great, awesome, etc.!!!!!! We're all proud of you. Sending grins!
  • skmarler
    Options
    Wow! That is great. Be proud of yourself.
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say... I get it! Woot-Woot! The last trip I took was the very first that I didn't buy myself a second seat. I actually DID ask for a seat belt extender on every leg of the trip, but didn't need it except the one time. Additionally, I still felt uncomfortable and kept trying to press my whole being over to the window. I still feel like I am encroaching on the unfortunate person who is sitting next to me, BUT, I know that I am getting smaller and smaller each day and that one of these days I won't be the one seeing the looks of others thinking, "oh please don't let her need the seat next to me." LOL. One guy actually leaned over and told me, "you're fine." A bit embarressing but at the same time, slightly relieving. I can't wait for my mind to catch up!

So... CONGRATS! .... Congrats, Congrats, Congrats! I am really excited for you! Now, go get your frequent flyer miles and fly everywhere... I know that the feeling alone kept me flying high!
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah... and can I just mention that I was the complete dork that actually took a photo of it?!? Yep - I actually have a picture of my belly with the seat belt and no extender not only buckling but with inches to spare! ha, ha, ha, <<shrugging shoulders>> , what can I say?!? I was PROUD! :blushing: :laugh:
  • heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    That is pretty awesome! Congrats.
  • Bunnie_Lynn
    Bunnie_Lynn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That is really awesome!!!! Keep up you'r hard work!
  • Bunnie_Lynn
    Bunnie_Lynn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That is really awesome!!!! Keep up you'r hard work!
  • Man_in_Motion
    Options
    This is really great to read. Congratulations on all of your hard work to have made this possible!
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful NSV!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!