My body says, "NO!"

Options
:sad: Okay, so I've been doing a pretty good job with making sure I pack all of my food during the day, stick to my calories, get plenty of sleep, get up and do my workouts, etc. This week, though, I'm just not into it! I get up and do my workouts but, unlike the prior weeks, my body is giving me the big ol' finger. :explode: I try to jog...can only make myself do a quarter mile. I try to walk...4.0 (my good, healthy, lovin' it speed) and my legs slow down so I have to jog back to the front of the treadmill. Last week it was all a breeze. I was up to jogging 3 miles even once! It's normal for me to be tired and not be able to do as much jogging by Friday, but all three days this week my body says, "NOOOOO!!!" I WANT to have progress with my workouts, not backslide. This is making me mad. Please...someone tell me that this happens and that, as long as I keep at it, I'll get back into it and progress! :mad:

Replies

• kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    :sad: Okay, so I've been doing a pretty good job with making sure I pack all of my food during the day, stick to my calories, get plenty of sleep, get up and do my workouts, etc. This week, though, I'm just not into it! I get up and do my workouts but, unlike the prior weeks, my body is giving me the big ol' finger. :explode: I try to jog...can only make myself do a quarter mile. I try to walk...4.0 (my good, healthy, lovin' it speed) and my legs slow down so I have to jog back to the front of the treadmill. Last week it was all a breeze. I was up to jogging 3 miles even once! It's normal for me to be tired and not be able to do as much jogging by Friday, but all three days this week my body says, "NOOOOO!!!" I WANT to have progress with my workouts, not backslide. This is making me mad. Please...someone tell me that this happens and that, as long as I keep at it, I'll get back into it and progress! :mad:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    are you eating your exercise calories back? it's not unusual to be tired when your body is not properly fuelled. If that's not it, maybe you're just bored? Try and find a differen activity that you can enjoy! swimming? tennis? cycling?

:flowerforyou:
  • Roxy34
    Roxy34 Posts: 146
    Options
    .......this happens and that, as long as I keep at it, I'll get back into it and progress!

You hit the nail, right on the head!! :smile:

Its unrealistic to NOT have your bad days. Hang in there! :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're stretching properly, too.
  • dacsch
    dacsch Posts: 1
    Options
    Take a look at your carb intake. You may be "Bonking" during your workouts and need to up the carbs a little. Otherwise, I always found exercise programs were two step foward & one step back.
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    When it is a week before TOM I feel like that too....
    I also feel like I wanna giver everyone else the finger too...hahahahaha
    Keep track on a calendar of days you dont feel at the top of your game and you might see a pattern too..
    That is how I figured out my week times....
  • beanface25
    Options
    I find my biggest problem is I get bored with what I am doing or eating. Or sometimes I get so into losing weight that I go 110% for a few weeks and crash. This time around I am trying to mix up my food, and my exercises and just remember that I don't need to race myself to lose weight. Hope this help! :D

94811.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Ijust remember that I don't need to race myself to lose weight. Hope this help! :D

love that idea!
  • kristie874
    Options
    Thanks, everyone, for your input. I do make sure to eat my exercise calories and most of the carbs. I do my workouts first thing in the morning. The treadmill in my living room or exercise videos seem to be the only things I will stick to. Occasional walks or hikes are fine but aren't too conducive to my life on a regular basis at the moment. Good point about TOM! Just around the corner. I'll keep trucking along for the rest of the week and hope that the "Yay, let's get healthy and fit" annoyingly peppy me comes back soon. Thanks guys! :flowerforyou:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Another question for you... When was the last time you took a rest day? Your body may just need to take a break. If it's been a while, take a day off and give your body time to recuperate. If it hasn't been a while, you may still need the day off, but if you're not willing to take it, just give yourself a "lighter" day of casual walking or something.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    it may be as simple as iron poor blood or something

when was your last physical?
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    When it is a week before TOM I feel like that too....
    I also feel like I wanna giver everyone else the finger too...hahahahaha
    Keep track on a calendar of days you dont feel at the top of your game and you might see a pattern too..
    That is how I figured out my week times....

This is what I was going to say....might be hormonal...just one possibility.
  • kristie874
    Options
    I didn't do anything beyond some light gardening this weekend. On weekends, unless I can find a hiking buddy, I don't usually do a regular routine or workout. I had a physical not too long ago and all was fine. I did just start taking a daily vitamin. Maybe that will help. Thank you!!!