Anyone lose the "baby pouch"?

Options
Hi

I have had two babies by c-section and of course the aftermath is this floppy pouch that hangs down and I can , sadly, grab two big handfuls of. I'm not anywhere near to my goal weight, but just curious of women have been able to lose the pouch. I swear that thing adds 2 pant sizes to me! Thanks for the feedback!

Replies

• pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    bump
  • deedee0398
    deedee0398 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I would also love to know thw answer to that. i am down 22lbs and i still haven't lost any of that :(
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't 100% gone yet, but I have lost quite a lot of my belly, I can now wear most of my pants from pre-pregnancy comfortably :) I have a few friends on here who have lost it all and even gotten ripped abs, so you CAN do it :) Good luck!
  • turbogirl4christ
    Options
    I have the same issue!! I hate it! Nothing I have done so far seems to help it all. Hope someone has some great tips on what to do about it cuz I think its the thing that makes me the unhappiest about my whole body...
  • angeldelight13
    angeldelight13 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sandijones5783
    sandijones5783 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I had recently lost 53lbs and it got much smaller as did the rest of my body and i have 2 boys but now I'm pregnant again(a surprise) so I'm trying very hard to stay healthy with this pregnancy so i can finish and get to my goal afterwards right now I'm only 16lbs from my goal so I'm still down 50lbs but I'm 15weeks. Are you doing toning cause its very important to do that so you tone as you loose otherwise you will just loose and sadly be flabby
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I had twins by c-section. Mine is not completely gone, but it is diminishing, that's for sure.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    It will go away as you lose weight, it just leaves when it wants to. Be patient, eat healthy and exercise.
  • shelbyweeeee
    shelbyweeeee Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have it as well, and I reached my weight loss goal 2 months ago. I do have to wear a bigger pant size because of it too! I have so much of it though, that I don't think it will all ever go away on it's own with exercise. I still feel "fat" because of it, even though I know it's not true. Very hard to accept that part of my body, it's wrinkly and it just hangs there! I am able to pick up the skin on my abdomen and it's very heavy, it probably weighs between 5-7lbs alone.... UGH! I call it my "fat skin" suit lol
  • tillmanlady
    tillmanlady Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Bump, I just delieverd in Feb. and was wondering the same thing...
  • TOgal
    TOgal Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Mine is finally gone, took 6 years :)
  • ShortayBaybay
    Options
    Great question!!! I would love to hear everyones responses!!!

Here is my story, I have had two kids via c-section, the last one being in May of 2011, I have lost 36lbs since I delivered her on May 17th, 2011, I have lost 21lbs of that 36lbs, since September 26th, 2011. I have the big/dead/flabby/nasty mommy pouch from both of my c-sections, and being that I am a "bigger" girl, mine is even worse, *I think*, it really annoys me. I was told by my doctor, that it won't go down quickly, but it'll go down slowly, as long as I continue to eat right and exercise, so that is what I am doing, since May 17th, 2011, I have lost a total of 6 1/4" in that "flab" alone, which isn't alot but it's a start!!! I have noticed that I have lost a lot more in my "waist" area and 6" above my waist, and since I have lost that, it seems like it is bringing up the "mommy pouch", which makes me look even bigger, I think, but it's bringing it up, and then hopefully it'll start shrinking!!! :-)

So, I haven't lost much of it, but it's slowly going down, and i'm hoping it'll get there one day :-D
  • AmandaR321
    AmandaR321 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've had three c sections and had no issues losing the pouch, though it was harder each time.
  • ShortayBaybay
    Options
    Great question!!! I would love to hear everyones responses!!!

Here is my story, I have had two kids via c-section, the last one being in May of 2011, I have lost 36lbs since I delivered her on May 17th, 2011, I have lost 21lbs of that 36lbs, since September 26th, 2011. I have the big/dead/flabby/nasty mommy pouch from both of my c-sections, and being that I am a "bigger" girl, mine is even worse, *I think*, it really annoys me. I was told by my doctor, that it won't go down quickly, but it'll go down slowly, as long as I continue to eat right and exercise, so that is what I am doing, since May 17th, 2011, I have lost a total of 6 1/4" in that "flab" alone, which isn't alot but it's a start!!! I have noticed that I have lost a lot more in my "waist" area and 6" above my waist, and since I have lost that, it seems like it is bringing up the "mommy pouch", which makes me look even bigger, I think, but it's bringing it up, and then hopefully it'll start shrinking!!! :-)

So, I haven't lost much of it, but it's slowly going down, and i'm hoping it'll get there one day :-D

Also, I just saw my doctor again this past week, and she told me that it's changing quite a bit, and that it's going down, she told me the best exercises to do is walk, sit ups/crunches, jumping jacks, side twists, and jogging, she said she's noticed the most results with those, but everyone is different!! I also was told that if you get a "sweat band" and put it around the "mommy pouch" it'll help you lose inches there, I have lost more there since I started using one.
  • ShortayBaybay
    Options
    I've had three c sections and had no issues losing the pouch, though it was harder each time.

Lucky!
  • ShortayBaybay
    Options
    Mine is finally gone, took 6 years :)

That is awesome that it is gone!!! :-) Congratulations!
  • dedarlin
    dedarlin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    as we all are i am terrified that this will never go away! i have had 3 babies in 6 years (2 of them were just shy of 10lbs!) and had been overweight my entire life to boot. so here i am 10 mos after my last baby was born, down to 153 lbs (i'm 5'7") and the only thing i still HATE is my belly, although as far as measurements go, i lost 3 inches in my waist in the last 2 mos, so i think it's finally starting to budge. i am hoping that continuing to eat well and strength train will keep up the improvement. i really feel that the skin flop is starting to go away and look tighter in recent weeks.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    not yet -I don't think I ever will without a tummy tuck...I had twins via C-section and I can't get rid of it - it has dimished - but as far as being flabby I don't think I can ever tone that area (the spot between the belly button and the top of the pubic bone) - As I keep losing weight and reshaping my body it is getting smaller but still very jelly like. I have two friends (twins moms too) who are fitness instructors and they couldn't totally loose it either - one opted for a tummy tuck to remove the extra skin...the other one just hides it quite well
  • MelodieWhite
    Options
    I had a baby a year ago, a 9lb 3oz baby to be exact.
    I was 208 the day I delivered. I b/f exclusively for 6 months and then added food into the breastfeeding routine. It helped me lose weight but I was still eating like I was pregnant. Now, 12 months later I'm down to 158, so thats the 50 pound mark FINALLLLLY. My stomach is not the same as it was, (abs) but I have lost the dreaded 'pouch'.

I use an ab circle pro 3x week, for about 15 minutes each time. I get lazy sometimes and don't always do it... but it helps.

good luck. It does go away. :)

I'm personally working on my love handles... dunno why they're called LOVE handles because I certainly don't love em. I'm wearing a size 28 jeans right now, and I can still feel the little bits of fat poking out the top sometimes... hahahhaa

good luck ladies <3
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty much gone after 3 babies (pictures in my profile and my blog) but I didn't have to have any C-sections.