What do you think of Whole Wheat Breads?

Options
I always eat oatmeal and fruits for breakfast, and I was wondering if I am consuming too much carbs if I start eating 2 whole wheat bread sandwitch for lunch and dinner? Its okay to eat anything as long as I can eat in my caloric intake right?

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    right.
  • SaddyPants
    SaddyPants Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    In my experience the bread won't hurt you. I don't even eat whole wheat bread and it hasn't seemed to hurt me so far.

Eat it and enjoy it! :)
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    You can't go wrong with whole wheat. My favorite is Ezekiel 4:9. After eating that, everything else tastes like cardboard. Add some peanut or almond butter and presto; delicious.
  • dntworribhappi
    dntworribhappi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I think you are right. If you want a really healthy bread, try Ezekial 4:9 bread. It is made of sprouted whole grains-healthy and yummy! You can find it at your local health food store in the freezer section, or the freezer section of the health food aisle at your large chain grocery store.
  • Cr8tive_Ingenuity
    Options
    im a type 1 diabetic and im on an insulin pump so i count my carbs.. a normal slice of bread is about 15g of carbs some are close to 20 carbs. the idea is that you should stay away from the bleached flour, stay with the more whole grain breads. even if the other breads arent whole grain and your within your caloric intake..its healthier for you. for me it was getting away from bagels. a bagel from a bagel shop has about 70 to 80 grams of carbs in just one bagel...back to your whole wheat bread. It is just fine for you.. just dont eat bread all day long
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    You can't go wrong with whole wheat. My favorite is Ezekiel 4:9. After eating that, everything else tastes like cardboard. Add some peanut or almond butter and presto; delicious.

I think the ezekiel tastes like cardboard xD
  • fitness_woman
    Options
    Alright I didn't want to consume anymore bread after oatmeal thats why I asked. Thank you!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I always eat oatmeal and fruits for breakfast, and I was wondering if I am consuming too much carbs if I start eating 2 whole wheat bread sandwitch for lunch and dinner? Its okay to eat anything as long as I can eat in my caloric intake right?

What do your macro settings say? I hear MFP sets them a bit high in their standard, but if you are within those I would say you are fine.

Your title is a little misleading. I came here thinking OP would be trying to make a case for Wonderbread. I only eat whole grain breads...
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options

I think the ezekiel tastes like cardboard xD

I like Franz breads. They have the inner bag sealed within the normal bread bag with a twist tie, so they are so soft and yummy! All other bread feels dry by comparison.