no added sugar squash

Options
kennie2
kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
good for you? bad for you? replaces water well?

opinions anyone?
i dont think i could survive without it but is it as good as water?

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    huh? i don't think i get the question.

squash is excellent. you don't need to add sugar. but if you want to add sugar, knock yourself out. i don't typically consider squash a water substitute.
  • ashleigh2311
    ashleigh2311 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    literally could not live without the stuff!

There is no way i would drink the recommended amount of water as plain water, it just tastes so boring and horrible!

I know its got artificial sweetners and the like in, but if it means i drink enough water then surely thats better than being realllly dehydrated, which i would be otherwie.
  • ashleigh2311
    ashleigh2311 Posts: 105 Member
    Options

squash is excellent. you don't need to add sugar. but if you want to add sugar, knock yourself out. i don't typically consider squash a water substitute.

Are you on about the same cordial type stuff as us?

I'm guessing not :/
    If you add squash to water, the goodnes from water is till there, it just tastes nicer, why cant it be a substitute?
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Not as good as water but if it is the only way you will drink water then it is better than not drinking water!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

Are you on about the same cordial type stuff as us?

I'm guessing not :/
    If you add squash to water, the goodnes from water is till there, it just tastes nicer, why cant it be a substitute?

I'm pretty confused here. I am only familiar with the starchy vegetable called squash. But I'm getting the impression there is also some water addititve called squash (maybe sort of like that Mio stuff)? Or maybe you're talking about making "squash tea" or something?
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    This is the squash OP is referring to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squash_(drink)
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    robinsons_1776883c.jpg

And yes, its the same as water hydration-wise.