Ok, lost 3.4 lbs in a week....

How bad is that. MFP recommended that I lose 1lb a week....

Replies

• turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    I lost 3 lbs too! First week sometimes you lose faster.
  • Ok so no need to worry then?? Good, cuz for a minute there I thought I messed up somewhere...
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 926 Member
    It's probably water weight, you'll level out within the next few weeks.. Don't worry about losing too much, too fast :)
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    I agree. Be happy about it.....there will be some weeks you will only lose half a pound....but.....other weeks when it really drops.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Rapid drop at the beginning is normal. Take it. Remember when you get near goal when it gets REEEEEEALLY slow.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    The first few weeks you'll likely drop more weight because you're losing water weight. It's normal. Be happy about it, and when your loss slows down a bit, don't worry about that either. :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    1 pound a week is an average, some weeks you'll lose 2 or 3 (sometimes even more) while other weeks you won't lose anything, or gain a pound or 2. Just keep an eye on the overall trend, and don't worry on the individual weigh-ins too much.
  • It also depends on what your starting weight is. Let's say that you ate 2000cals a day to maintain your weight. If you cut it down to 1200 a day, then that's a 4800 cal deficit over the week, which is roughly 1.5 pounds from just eating differently. If you eat more than that and make the same drastic cut down to 1200 you're going to lose more. Add in exercise, etc etc. That's why the more you lose the harder it becomes to lose.

That, and like everyone said, the first week is such a shocker for your body it doesn't know what to do with itself. But everything adjusts with time :)
  • Twins2007
    Twins2007 Posts: 236 Member
    Do no worry...CELEBRATE AND BE MOTIVATED ;)

I haven't lost 3 pounds in forever...grrrrrrrrr...lol

Welcome to MFP!

E
  • Ah, I see. Thanks everyone.
    My starting weight was 185. And when I ran my meals through here I was eating 2300 cal of crap. Now I'm averaging 1300 of not-so-crappy food. I figured I'd be lucky if I lost anything just cuz I am still trying to get into eating healthier, cutting out junk.
  • I agree with what ajbeans said. But if you want to lose weight faster try this product called the Diet Solution Program. It really works and you can continue eating the food you already eat. Here's more information about it http://ballerinadiet.org/go/thedietsolutionprogram.php
  • Its all good - there are weeks you lose more and weeks that will be less. I average a one pound a week loss, but a couple weeks ago I lost 3, last week 0.6 and this week 0.02. That is one reason I don't set unreasonable goals for myself and just keep working my program based on the recommended one pound loss per week.

Congrats on a great first week!
  • This is fine, especially if it is one of your first weeks, depending upon how much you need to lose. I need to lose about 30 and lost four pounds my first week. I realize this is mostly water loss and that I should not expect it to continue. Relax and savor your victory! I feel like I might have a little leeway for the Thanksgiving feast, but I pledge NOT to go "overboard" completely. Congratulations on a GREAT week! Cheers from Carole in Boston, xO
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    How bad is that. MFP recommended that I lose 1lb a week....

If you just started its most likely water weight.