Losing the last 10lbs...

cecilia0909
cecilia0909 Posts: 188 Member
Losing that last 10lbs and really toning up is being really hard for me. Any tips on getting these few pounds off?
Right now I'm working on drastically cutting my sugar intake. I have a horrible sweet tooth that has gotten extremely bad these last few years so I know I need to work on.

Replies

• ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    :huh: bump- I would like to know as well
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    If you haven't done so already, try setting your goals to lose 1/2 lb a week.
  • Fit_Hip_Mama
    Fit_Hip_Mama Posts: 7 Member
    Why don't you try a cleanse? I'm on Isagenix and so far I've lost 6 pounds!
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 675 Member
    bump
  • cecilia0909
    Do you keep weight off with a cleanse? I also need to be careful with what I do because I am still nursing a baby.
    I am going to go check my settings right now! :0)
  • I have the same problem. I started eating more natural foods and I finally started seeing some results! Rule of thumb: if you can't find it in nature, avoid eating it. That goes for bread, pasta, bagels, etc. - dinner rolls don't grow on trees. That means they're processed. If you want more info on this, check out the Paleo Diet (you can Google it).

Good luck! xx
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    I'm right there with you... just be diligent and patient and realize the going is gonna be slower than the first 10 lbs.
  • If you haven't done so already, try setting your goals to lose 1/2 lb a week.

Im curious, how does that help if it adds calories to your daily intake?
  • versuga
    versuga Posts: 130 Member
    BUMP
  • WeighAhead
    WeighAhead Posts: 42 Member

^^ this.
  • cecilia0909
    I checked and my current settings are for 1lbs per week, which is what I'd like to lose ideally.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member

Im curious, how does that help if it adds calories to your daily intake?

When you have very little weight to lose, it's often harder to lose 1 lbs or more a week. A lot of times, when you're near your goal, the weight loss will slow down anyway. Why not enjoy a little more food and gradually shed the last few pounds. At this point, also, you're near maintenance and it is wise to slowly increase your calories to the maintenace amount rather than just start eating 500 extra calories one day.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Better to lose 1/2 lb per week than get frustrated and lose nothing at all. I just adjusted my settings to 1/2 lb instead of 1 lb because I kept getting frustrated and going way over, hence I wasn't losing anything. And like someone else said, the homestretch is a transition period and time to think about how you'll maintain when you get there.
This discussion has been closed.