Looking for some Motivation

Options
Hi. My name is Kristine and I am 27. I am currently 199lbs and about a size 16. I am looking to lose between 20 and 60 pounds. I have been having a VERY hard time breaking 200lbs and staying under there. It seems like my weight can flucuate 2-3 pounds a day! I have been on some extreme diets and always gain the weight back and then some. For the first time I am going to try to make a lifestyle change which means counting calories, fat, sugars, etc...and using MFP. So far I have lost about 4 pounds but the past 4 days I am slowing down and haven't been to the gym. I do not have any "work out buddies" and I have a hard time staying positive and on track about my weight loss. I am a size 16 and would love to end up a 10/12 and would be happy with that but I haven't been that size since 1998! My friend gave me a quote to inspire me that says "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"....but some days I don't believe it as Olive Garden's Seafood Alfredo tastes amazingly good to me!!!! I am just starting to slow down and I need some encouraging words and hopefully find some friends on MFP to keep me motivated. The thing that helps me the most is having competition but also sharing advice on what are the best exercises and if anyone has some good recipies to share that are easy and healthy for picky eaters!

If anyone out there is kind of in the same boat as me, please add me. I would love to have some friends to share frustrations and celebrations with!

Replies

• BenderFitness
    Options
    You are on the right track! Just keep yourself accountable (force yourself to log all foods, and make friends who will hold you to it!) You are going to feel so much better as you continue to get healthier. Can you get the olive garder dish with red sauce instead? That way you can still have your favorite, but you're making it so much healthier.

Good luck!
  • empress360
    empress360 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race!!! CONGRATS FOR STARTING YOUR JOURNEY! If you have a bad day, keep going. When you feel like quitting, keep going. When the number on the scale doesn't move, keep going. Just keep going no matter what.

TEAM KRISTINE!!!!