30DS - a few questions!

Options
Hi, I have a few questions about 30DS:

1. What size weight did you use?
2. How soon until you noticed a difference?
3. How many times a week did you do it?
4. Did you combine it with other exercise? If so, what?
5. When did you move up levels?

Replies

• Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    1. What size weight did you use? 3lbs
    2. How soon until you noticed a difference? A week
    3. How many times a week did you do it? 6 times
    4. Did you combine it with other exercise? If so, what? Yes, two days a week I did one hour of cardio as well as 30 DS
    5. When did you move up levels? I did 10 days of level 1, 8 days of level 2 and 10 days of level 3. I hated level 2.

I lost 8.8lbs and 7.5 inches.
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I can hardly wait to get going tomorrow now!!!xx
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    1. What size weight did you use? 1 kg (~2.5 lbs)
    2. How soon until you noticed a difference? As soon as 5 days in but I wasn't doing any exercise before
    3. How many times a week did you do it? 6 times
    4. Did you combine it with other exercise? If so, what? Just a bit of walking
    5. When did you move up levels? 10 days of each
  • susanmax
    Options
    Hi...what is 30DS?? I have seen it on here a few times and I am curious?
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred
  • Rohnic
    Rohnic Posts: 82
    Options
    1. What size weight did you use?
    2. How soon until you noticed a difference?
    3. How many times a week did you do it?
    4. Did you combine it with other exercise? If so, what?
    5. When did you move up levels?
    1. 1lbs
    2. day three, i wasnt as exhausted anymore, walking the stairs
    3. 6 times
    4. Ride my bike
    5. after 10 days.
    Hi...what is 30DS?? I have seen it on here a few times and I am curious?
    It's a Workout DVD by Jillian Michaels, 30 day shred.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Hi! I did the 30DS and am now doing her Ripped in 30. Let's see:

1. I used 3 lbs. If it's the first strength training you're doing i think it's a good starting size. Generally between 3-5lbs.
    2. I took before, halfway, and after pics and i saw a difference in the halfway pictures. i started seeing more definition in my upper abs and i measured myself and I lost several inches in just 2 weeks, specifically waist, hips, and thighs.
    3. I did it 6-7 days a week. I think that's probably more than is recommended just simply because resting you're body is so important so 4-5 or 6 is good.
    5. Sometimes extra cardio. I have some Pilates for weight loss DVDs as well as some great ab workouts. I also got into the gym and did some walking/jogging on the treadmill, used the stationary bike, and the Elliptical. Finally, I walked more with my fiancee. We went on four or five several mile long walks together and made sure to keep a good speed and stay out for at least an hour. That was a lot of fun!
    5. Every 9-10 days. Level two was the most difficult, for me personally and from what I've read from others. In my opinion it's because the cardio was the most intense in that level and you're still doing strength and abs while building up your endurance in this level. I loved level three because she started with some awesome strength/cardio moves and you can feel all new muscles working.

I was pleased with it. You may not like Jillian at first or even at all (i'm on th e fence) but the workouts are effective, quick, and empowering. you feel so strong by the end, just for having gotten through it each day! By the end I had lost approx 8 lbs (1200-1350 calorie meal plan) and 8 inches from my entire body. I'm doing Ripped in 30 and WOAH! she means business. i've done three workouts and it's really challenging but so effective. I'm adding in extra cardio again in this 30 days.

Godd luck and don't give up! You can make it through :smile:
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Options
    Some really great results here!!! Well done everyone!!!xx
  • Shannon_Nicole83
    Shannon_Nicole83 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    1. What size weight did you use? 3 lbs

2. How soon until you noticed a difference? A difference in what? I gained 3 pounds the first week (I lost them plus a bonus pound the second week). I'm on day 20 and my clothes still fit the same. I have lost some more weight, but not more than a couple pounds a week. However, I do feel a difference. I feel stronger. My posture is better. I sleep better. I haven't taken my measurements again so I don't know how much of a difference I'll end up with.

3. How many times a week did you do it? I do it every day.

4. Did you combine it with other exercise? If so, what? Just walking.

5. When did you move up levels? I started level 2 on day 11. I think I'm going to stay on level 2 for a few days extra, instead of doing 10 days on level 2 I might do 15. I'm not sure I'm ready to move up to level 3 yet.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    1. What size weight did you use? 5 and 8 pounds
    2. How soon until you noticed a difference? 5 days
    3. How many times a week did you do it? I did it 60 days straight
    4. Did you combine it with other exercise? If so, what? I run 3-4 days a week, and added other weight lifting session
    5. When did you move up levels? I switched every 10 days, went through the first 3 levels and then started over again with level 1.

Good luck and enjoy!
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    1. 3lb
    2. 1 week
    3. everyday
    4. some walking while at work
    5. Every 10 days

I lost 7lbs and 10 1/2 overall inches. it also pulled me out of a plateau
  • Newnanax3
    Newnanax3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi! I did the 30DS and am now doing her Ripped in 30. Let's see:

1. I used 3 lbs. If it's the first strength training you're doing i think it's a good starting size. Generally between 3-5lbs.
    2. I took before, halfway, and after pics and i saw a difference in the halfway pictures. i started seeing more definition in my upper abs and i measured myself and I lost several inches in just 2 weeks, specifically waist, hips, and thighs.
    3. I did it 6-7 days a week. I think that's probably more than is recommended just simply because resting you're body is so important so 4-5 or 6 is good.
    5. Sometimes extra cardio. I have some Pilates for weight loss DVDs as well as some great ab workouts. I also got into the gym and did some walking/jogging on the treadmill, used the stationary bike, and the Elliptical. Finally, I walked more with my fiancee. We went on four or five several mile long walks together and made sure to keep a good speed and stay out for at least an hour. That was a lot of fun!
    5. Every 9-10 days. Level two was the most difficult, for me personally and from what I've read from others. In my opinion it's because the cardio was the most intense in that level and you're still doing strength and abs while building up your endurance in this level. I loved level three because she started with some awesome strength/cardio moves and you can feel all new muscles working.

I was pleased with it. You may not like Jillian at first or even at all (i'm on th e fence) but the workouts are effective, quick, and empowering. you feel so strong by the end, just for having gotten through it each day! By the end I had lost approx 8 lbs (1200-1350 calorie meal plan) and 8 inches from my entire body. I'm doing Ripped in 30 and WOAH! she means business. i've done three workouts and it's really challenging but so effective. I'm adding in extra cardio again in this 30 days.

Godd luck and don't give up! You can make it through smile

Ditto sarahkatara~ Level 2 is trying to kill me. I physically cannot do the 3 circuit , but plan to keep trying. A huge NSV was getting into my favorite pair of jeans in less then 2 weeks :love: I did/do the Shred 4 x a week.
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Options
    Thanks for your answers everyone, I did level one this morning with 2.3kg weights and it was tough, by the last set of weight lifting I was pretty tired!!! xx