SBF2: Reboot Boogaloo - Earth Day 4/22

Options
cp005e
cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
Good morning, pebbles! It looks to be a rainy one here again. Minimal success with leaving food yesterday - I managed to eat just half a Clif bar before yoga, and then not eat the rest of it until an hour after dinner. And it was wrapped up and sitting on the table mocking me that whole time! :tongue:

I got my pushups in last night, but didn't get to bed in time to get up for my strength routine this morning. I'll catch up tonight after aerobics.

Earth Day boogaloo! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cp005e
    Options
    Good morning, pebbles! It looks to be a rainy one here again. Minimal success with leaving food yesterday - I managed to eat just half a Clif bar before yoga, and then not eat the rest of it until an hour after dinner. And it was wrapped up and sitting on the table mocking me that whole time! :tongue:

I got my pushups in last night, but didn't get to bed in time to get up for my strength routine this morning. I'll catch up tonight after aerobics.

Earth Day boogaloo! :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    A hot and sunny one here today. 91*!:noway:

Alex has his second to last horse ride today. :cry: I'm still really sad about it. It must be time to move on to something else, or the Lord will provide a way to keep him going or send him somewhere else.
    I am still having back trouble. I've stretched and rested but it doesn't seem to be helping. I am going to try to work out today and see if that helps or makes it worse. It's getting on my nerves.
    Bravely attempting an elimination diet for Alex and I. It will not be easy but I'm tired of being tired all the time. Alex may have another food that is giving him problems. It will be doubly hard if we are traveling this week or next but I think we can do it. Shoot, I might even lose a couple of pounds. :tongue: It may not help at all but it's worth a shot. I hope getting off some foods makes me feel great! Then again, that probably means I should really quit eating the way I have been. :laugh:
    I'm outta here for now. Have a good one!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I don't have any plans for Earth Day - I might try to swing by the farmer's market though. I haven't been in ages. I was going to ride my bike, but it will be 95 degrees by that time.

Yesterday: lots o walking. Today: weights, yoga, and short walk. I'm still a little sleepy, so weights is going to be hard.

I left some food yesterday - but a little piece got stuck in my throat, so I just stopped eating it. I don't know if that counts. I also, accidentally, left the rest of the pot at my parent's house - so I left food twice :wink:

Fresh veggies boogaloo
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Happy Earth day, pebbles!

I have a little challenge to not buy anything disposable today. (so no bottles of water or cups if I don't bring my own, etc. . .I'm toying with the idea of trying to do this once a week. Hey, it can't hurt, right?)

I sort of kind of definitely over-indulged last night, but it was so nice to see people. Because of my energy levels/appearance as late, I haven't been very sociable. I must remember that I enjoy other humans.:wink:

Today is yoga at the gym, with my super fun "let's try this and see what happens" instructor. Also, back to logging and sensible choices.

Take care.:flowerforyou:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Earth Day Boogaloo!

Love the idea of not buying anything disposable one day a week. I'm even going to make my popcorn "oldschool-style" instead of using the microwave bag today! My Earth Day goal this year is going to be to recycle my batteries, cellphones and other electronics in the proper places. I know they have places at Whole Foods that you can drop off batteries, but I'm going to look up what to do with other random items.

Real Simple did a great A-Z list of where to recycle just about anything.

http://www.realsimple.com/home-organizing/organizing/tips-techniques/recycle-anything-00000000006117/index.html

Okay, other goals:
    ~ Already went to MOST INTENSE *EVER* yoga class this morning. I hadn't been to this one since wayyyyy before Antarctica so I was suffering! My friend said I looked like I was in shock afterward...I think I was!
    ~ Go for a mindful walk later on today as a break from tax audit stuff
    ~ Stay honest with logging food
    ~ Drink lots of water
    ~ Make my own popcorn instead of microwave popcorn!
  • cp005e
    Options
    I took out my recycling last night... does that count? :tongue: I actually have a big collection of stuff like batteries that I need to figure out where to recycle - thanks for the list, WL! And I am trying to figure out how to put a little sign next to the coffee machine at work asking people to bring their own mugs instead of using the styrofoam ones, without seeming obnoxious.

I have successfully left half a banana, which I plan to eat later this after before I go to the gym.
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    Great job on leaving half a banana!! I have such a hard time doing that!

And yes, leave the note! Another suggestion might be to pick up a few mugs from the thrift store (you can usually get them for 50 cents each or so) and leave them there with the note saying to use them instead. That is, if you wanted to be over-the-top nice about it!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Whoops. . .my plans were thwarted when someone brought me a latte.

for the record, delicious.

:tongue:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Whoops. . .my plans were thwarted when someone brought me a latte.

for the record, delicious.

:tongue:

Doesn't count if someone else bought it :happy:

Cell phones can usually make charities money - I know the shelter where I volunteer collects them. We have a store in town that takes batteries - called, batteries plus - I didn't know WF collected them - we have the flagship store and I never saw anything like that.

WL - I want to know which studio and class - remember, I'm coming your way in June!

Ok I really need to get some stuff done today. Husband is at home sick, so I've been distracted.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Quick stop to say hi. Have been logging, just not posting. Relay for Life this friday on Ian's birthday, making his cake saturday and celebrating Sunday with Chuck E Cheese's & a ball game (yeah, lots of helathy choices there! :huh: ) and then I go on cruise control!!!!! :glasses:

Heading out for a quick run, then picking Ian up early from daycare & heading to the store. Hope everyone is doing well, catch up soon!
    Arianne :flowerforyou:

ps. it's snowing today, near 70 tomorrow.... REALLY :noway: I thought winter was over! :devil:
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    I am walking away from HALF of my lunch. I'm full!!!!

Will eat the rest later on as a mid-afternoon snack.

I was inspired by cp's heroic effort leaving half a banana.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Great job Monica!

I was talking to a couple of my lacrosse girls who want to shape up/trim down and the three of us ended up running for a half hour! I had thrown in the towel for today until they motivated me to get off my butt! :laugh:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good job to you half-eating people! :wink: Or something like that.
    Way to go AD for going for a run!
    I managed to do 20 minutes of TJ today. I noticed my back didn't hurt at all while doing it or after. That is until I got up from sitting on the couch for awhile. :huh: Maybe that's doing it. Guess I need to get off my butt more.
    Alex and I are starting our "diet" tomorrow. I hope I can do this! The first three days will be hard but I think it will get easier after that. It's just a matter of finding enough recipes to make this week and over the next two weeks while we are adding food back in. It didn't say anything about eliminating soy products which surprised me. I am eliminating them anyway for now and will add them back in eventually. I just hope I don't quit when it gets hard. I think seeing a change in me and Alex will be motivation...if it does anything. At least I will be eating healthier!
    So I will check back in tomorrow!
    MM
  • cp005e
    Options
    I am walking away from HALF of my lunch. I'm full!!!!

Will eat the rest later on as a mid-afternoon snack.

I was inspired by cp's heroic effort leaving half a banana.

Wow, nice going!!! :love: