Cheat meal twice a week?

Options
Is it okay to have a cheat meal twice a week if you are just trying to maintain the weight?

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to maintain I would suggest paying attention to your weekly calories instead of your daily one. Thus if you eat more one day, you eat less the others. Frankly, two days a week seems a little much.

I guess my question for you is what do you mean by a cheat day?
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I save calories all week and splurge on Sunday. Every week and I am doing great. If there is a holiday, dinner out or other reason to splurge I go ahead and enjoy both days- just watching my weekly total. I pretty much never use all the "saved" calories.
  • fitness_woman
    Options
    I meant cheat meal eating pizza, or anything i like for 1 meal.
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I think if you are at target you need to be really honest with yourself and ask if having a cheat meal - your words not mine - would lead to you getting back to your old habbits

for now why not concentrate on healthy eating until you know how many calories you need and then occasionally have a less healthy food choice
  • fitness_woman
    Options
    you're right. I'm on my period so I'm starting to crave more foods than usual. Oh no =(
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I personally think twice a week is too much (only because you can eat a serious amount of calories in two meals)--but if you're saving the calories anyway, then it's not really cheating. If you are actually eating over your calories one meal is not going to effect you (at least it hasn't effected me). Try it for a while and see what happens, if you gain, then take it back to one meal, if you don't--well, lucky you!!

Some people's cheat aren't really a cheat in my book--when I cheat, well, it means something! :laugh: I try to keep my cheats to once every couple of weeks (ideally, once a month, but that's not really happening!).
  • VlPassionlV
    Options
    According to my doctor, he advised me that you can eat pretty much anything you want, as long as you're watching the portions and nutri. info (Fat, cals, etc). So technically if you were to have a bad meal, but ate well for the other meals in your day, then you should still be fine.

Personally I have a tough time eating SUPER healthy myself, but I make sure that whatever I'm putting in my mouth, stays within my daily limit, if not weekly.

I've been working out for almost 3 months now, with a trainer who has been guiding me. And although the scale hasn't moved much, my inches have. So I'm not so sure if that advise is the best to go off of, since I feel like it's taking me a while to lose any weight, but that's just the advise I was given. Hope it helps!