Damn You Betty Crocker

Was out and about today and had to succumb to some non-diet foods at my mom's.

Suddenly Salad...

First of all, it took her 45 minutes to make it, what exactly is "suddenly" about that? :)

Then, when I entered the small 3 cup portion into my log later this aft, I was shocked, but I should have known better on something coming from a box.

1,000 calories in a "salad"? LMAO

And to top it off, enough sodium to keep a horse brined up for a month, sheesh!

Carbs?

I won't even go there :)

Thank goodness I don't get over to my mom's all that often for her good old fashioned home cooking ;)

Replies

• Funny how mothers never have any "diet" food in their house. My mother's Sicillian so you can imagine the goodies stored in her cupboards and fridge and my thighs and backside etc.......
  • Suddenly Salad...

First of all, it took her 45 minutes to make it, what exactly is "suddenly" about that? :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Made me laugh so hard
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Not sure why it took 45 min to make all you do is boil and add mayo and tomatoes if you want. Probably the mayo is where all he calories came from.

But it is Yummy!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    man i used to eat suddenly salad a couple times a week! the bacon ranch flavor was the best lol
    i havent even thought about having any in years. to sodium would probably make me gag heh
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Funny how mothers never have any "diet" food in their house. My mother's Sicillian so you can imagine the goodies stored in her cupboards and fridge and my thighs and backside etc.......

I feel like I'm in the minority here, but my mother always had fat free or low fat EVERYTHING in the house while growing up. Even today she gets things like reduced fat peanut butter, skim milk, fat free sour cream, 75% reduced fat cheddar cheese, fat free cottage cheese, reduced fat crackers, etc. The only one of those things I buy for myself now that I've moved out, is skim milk, only because I prefer the flavor over higher percentages of fat in milk. I can't stand fat free sour cream and cottage cheese, and the 75% reduced fat cheddar cheese tastes like plastic (much like fat free cheese!).
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Never tried 'suddenly salad' - guess I never will. LOL!! :bigsmile: