i ordered it, and i'm scared

Options
Ok, I did it. I ordered Insanity yesterday and i have to say i'm kinda nervous. My wife and I are both doing it and she's in much better shape than I am. In the past 2 months, i've gotten incredibly better and keep up fully with an intense spin class burning 1,000 cals/hour....but i'm still 5'8 and 210 lbs.....I'm pretty nervous that this might be above me but what the heck, i'll give it a try!.

Replies

• Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I thought the same thing before I started P90X but really its not as bad as you think. At first, go at your own pace and build up to doing the whole thing. Good luck to you and your wife :)
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I've completed it once and I'm almost half way thru my second round... I LOVE Insanity! Yes, it'll kick your butt, and you'll feel like you want to pass out more than once. lol But you feel so bad @$$ when you finish, it's awesome! Good luck! :)
  • Jmayhem69
    Options
    Do what you can and stay dedicated to a schedule/routine. Insanity is nuts and I can't do all the exercises but I keep trying and pushing myself. The more I try = the more I can do every time! Best of luck! You WILL see results and feel improvements almost immediately.
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i did it with my daughter...tough but fun
  • chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You can do it, just take it one step at a time. Like the instructor says in the p90x videos, do it at your own pace, use the right weight and do just as many reps that you will feel the burn. Start off slowly and you will see that you will improve :)
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I thought the same thing, and I can't quite keep up for every exercise, but the important thing is you do 100% of what you are capable. Shawn T. Is motivating and I actually like it much more than P90X, but that may because I've been through P90X a couple of times. You will be surprised at what you can accomplish and how much you progress! Good luck and enjoy!

C'mon y'all! Dig deeper!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Ok, I did it. I ordered Insanity yesterday and i have to say i'm kinda nervous. My wife and I are both doing it and she's in much better shape than I am. In the past 2 months, i've gotten incredibly better and keep up fully with an intense spin class burning 1,000 cals/hour....but i'm still 5'8 and 210 lbs.....I'm pretty nervous that this might be above me but what the heck, i'll give it a try!.

You can do this!! If you can do Spin...you have stamina to get the intense burn with Insanity...You'll do great! So proud of your challenge!:smile:
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Do what you can and stay dedicated to a schedule/routine. Insanity is nuts and I can't do all the exercises but I keep trying and pushing myself. The more I try = the more I can do every time! Best of luck! You WILL see results and feel improvements almost immediately.

I'm not doing the entire schedule as they have it. I love spinning classes and am not going to give that up to do the workouts. I've got it down where i'll do insanity 3 days/week, Spinning 2 days/week and then 1 easy eliptical day. I know the results would be better if i did it 100% what they say, but i like spinning too much to do that.

Thanks for all the replies everyone.
  • mcwright1980
    Options
    I've also been doing it for the last month and oooohhh wow. It really is difficult but that is NOT a bad thing! It is a workout for those with athe good fitness base. It sounds to me that you're ready. I wouldn't judge your capabilities on the scale. You may not be able to jump as high or do as many reps as you'd like but (in my opinion) that's the fun of it all. You know that, wherever you start out, you can only go up fromto there!! Feels great to be scared of something that is going to make you better, faster, stronger. And I say to stick w/ the spinning. If you give up one type of exercise that you love, you'll just find reasons to hate what you've given it up for. Track your progress and keep us posted!! Best of luck!!