Stage 5 Clingers

Options
WarriorMom2012
WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
My husband is one. If I don't call him 3 times a day, text him, etc he thinks I'm up to something or I don't love him.

We've only been married a couple years but I'm getting to the point where I can't breathe!

Why do men feel they have to smother you with love?!

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Because chicks dig it.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I don't think all men are like that. For instance, I haven't heard from my wife in 3 days. I hope she's alright.
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My husband is one. If I don't call him 3 times a day, text him, etc he thinks I'm up to something or I don't love him.

We've only been married a couple years but I'm getting to the point where I can't breathe!

Because they are cheating themselves. My experience is when they begin to smother it's because they need to control and watch your every move due to their own bad behavior. And when it came to light I divorced his *kitten*!
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options

Because they are cheating themselves. My experience is when they begin to smother it's because they need to control and watch your every move due to their own bad behavior. And when it came to light I divorced his *kitten*!

agreed...........distrust is often a result of guilt..............sad but true
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

Sheesh! We just can't win. If we don't call, we're insensitive and just don't care. When we do call, we're smothering. sad030.gif
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I've never been attracted to that kind of man. I'm not very needy so wouldn't stand for a needy man. If he's wooing you in the beginning that's one thing, but quite another if he's so needy.

This chick does NOT dig a stage 5 clinger. If you're not liking it, I'd set some boundaries now before it causes major distress.
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    I don't think all men are like that. For instance, I haven't heard from my wife in 3 days. I hope she's alright.
    Do you guys not live together? I see my roommates more often than that and we barely speak to each other haha
  • adrian_indy
    Options
    I like the online couselors who are advising, with no knowledge of the couple, that the husband is cheating. That's awesome.
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options

I'm sorry this happened to you, but I dont think this is the case all the time. My boyfriend and I are always checking up on eachother, I'm sure if I didn't feel the same need to want to talk to him and know what he's doing when I'm not around as he does then yes it might be annoying. He may just be bored and thinking of you and since your his best friend not just his wife he wants to talk to you the most, so your the first person he's texting.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I've never been attracted to that kind of man. I'm not very needy so wouldn't stand for a needy man. If he's wooing you in the beginning that's one thing, but quite another if he's so needy.

This chick does NOT dig a stage 5 clinger. If you're not liking it, I'd set some boundaries now before it causes major distress.

Ditto. I think it is probably (hopefully) premature to think he is cheating, but at the very least he is very insecure. :( You've got to tell him how it makes you feel.

Props for "Wedding Crashers" reference.
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend was kind of the same way in the beginning until it got to the point that it drove me nuts and I got into a big arguement with him a couple times.. now he TRIES a lot harder to not be like that. I couldnt stand that "smothered" type feeling either. Hope your husband will change that eventually, for your sake! =/ Hugs!
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Unless it's true...HAHAHA
    If so I'm sorry.
  • BerniceB
    BerniceB Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Men are not all like that. It is a control issue. Many abusers are like that. You might talk to your guy and let him know you need a bit of breathing room. Tell him trust and beeing happy when you have fun, makes you feel loved. He should want to make you feel good. Good luck, take care of you.
  • adrian_indy
    Options
    Unless it's true...HAHAHA
    If so I'm sorry.
    I'm just kidding.
  • seven8seven
    seven8seven Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like the online couselors who are advising, with no knowledge of the couple, that the husband is cheating. That's awesome.

exactly.
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Why don't you talk to him about how you're feeling? Put everything out in the open for a nice happy marriage.
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's insecurity, Abandonment issues or he really is that worried. It's like opening the fridge quick to see if the light stays on all the time or worrying that something catostrophic will happen if your not there.
  • bigdaddycowgill
    bigdaddycowgill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My only advice would be to sit down & try to talk it out. My wife & I usually text each other several times a day, & talk once or twice, but I'm very lucky in that it's mutual & even after almost 20 years together, we still ENJOY talking to each other & don't get suspicious if we don't hear from each other or have to tell or text each other that we're busy & can't talk.
  • adrian_indy
    Options
    The only real advice that counts is this...call him constantly. Every 30 minutes. There is not time for rational talk or open communications. Actively stalk him. Show up at his work. Even try some inappropriate quickies in the break room or storage closet. Make him scream for space.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options

Lol, strengthening your alibi?