What is a healthy hot drink to get in starbucks?

Options
What is a healthy or low calorie hot drink to get in starbucks if you're trying to watch your figure other than unsweened hot tea?

Replies

• drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Americano
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    green/ herbal teas
    or light lattes with soya milk?
    the flate white with soya milk tooo hah anything aslong as you don't have full fat milk and cream i guess Oh and becareful of the flavoured coffes of course as they use syrup. they might have low sugar/ no sugar alternatives
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    anything unflavored and without regular milk or cream, I usually will get an iced americano with skim and splenda. A skinny pumpkin spice latte has a couple hundred calories for a medium I mean vente.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Coffee - about 5 calories.
  • world2c
    world2c Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    tall skinny peppermint mocha - 100 calories....Not quite as good as with all the fat and calories, but a nice treat.
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    A tall skinny peppermint mocha, no whip, with skim milk:

Nutrition Facts Per Serving (12 fl oz)

Calories 100

Calories from Fat 10

Total Fat 1g

Saturated Fat 1g

Trans Fat 0g

Cholesterol <5mg

Sodium 120mg

Total Carbohydrate 13g

Dietary Fiber 3g

Sugars 11g

Protein 10g

Vitamin A8%Vitamin C0%Calcium30%Iron35%

Caffeine 75mg

Obviously this is sugar free, the "sugars" is naturally occurring in the skim milk.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to their Awake tea, you can keep all that sweet stuff that they charge you a fortune for, just not for me

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Cinnamonie
    Options
    I like the skinny cinnamon dolce latte....not sure how "healthy" it is but i can usually fit it into my calories
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you trying to keep it to? And do you care about sugar? Or splenda? Starbucks sugar free syrups are sweetened with Splenda.

A tall skinny vanilla latte (made with sugar free vanilla and nonfat milk) is 100 calories.

The tall skinny peppermint mocha is also tasty for 100 calories.

If you're going for going for little to no calories then everyone else is right. Coffee or Americano's are your best bet if you dont want tea.

Do not get whip cream. Do not get Chai, do not get white mocha, do not get pumpkin spice. These are FULL of sugar and calories.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    What is a healthy or low calorie hot drink to get in starbucks if you're trying to watch your figure other than unsweened hot tea?

Skinny flavored lattes start at 100 calories for a tall. Try some sugar free syrup or splenda in that tea if you really want to avoid easy to cut out calories. :)

If you are lucky enough to have small, local coffee places, you can try a latte with almond milk or a sugar free white mocha with the powder, not the syrup (like this http://goshthatsgood.com/) because the powder tastes infinately better.

GL!
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I used to be a Starbucks Barista, so I speak from experience, and I say watch out for the soy milk there! It's HIGH in sugar. Very high. I think if you CAN have milk, use the skim and have yourself a latte. The skinny syrups are a little gross, though. The Cinnamon Dolce skinny was probably the best of them (it has a shake of cinnamon sugar on the top, just a shake, but that makes it a lot better!!!) It's not too bad if you mix the vanilla with the hazelnut, but you still get that splenda afterburn in the throat... bluh.

If you can do milk, they can do a Vanilla Rooibos Tea Latte for you (ask for it unsweetened because the recipe does have classic syrup in it). Vanilla Rooibos is one of the most popular of the herbal teas. No caffeine and it's very vanilla-ey and sweet.

The Passion tea is really good there, and the mint (called Refresh) is also really tasty. I loved the green tea as well (Zen) because it has a lot of lemongrass and mint in it, so it's not the typical grassy flavor that plain green tea has (although I admit I like that, too!).
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    Tall skinny lattes (vanilla, chai tea or nonfat)
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I used to be a Starbucks Barista, so I speak from experience, and I say watch out for the soy milk there! It's HIGH in sugar. Very high. I think if you CAN have milk, use the skim and have yourself a latte. The skinny syrups are a little gross, though. The Cinnamon Dolce skinny was probably the best of them (it has a shake of cinnamon sugar on the top, just a shake, but that makes it a lot better!!!) It's not too bad if you mix the vanilla with the hazelnut, but you still get that splenda afterburn in the throat... bluh.

If you can do milk, they can do a Vanilla Rooibos Tea Latte for you (ask for it unsweetened because the recipe does have classic syrup in it). Vanilla Rooibos is one of the most popular of the herbal teas. No caffeine and it's very vanilla-ey and sweet.

The Passion tea is really good there, and the mint (called Refresh) is also really tasty. I loved the green tea as well (Zen) because it has a lot of lemongrass and mint in it, so it's not the typical grassy flavor that plain green tea has (although I admit I like that, too!).
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the information even though I cannot afford Starbucks since I retired.
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Green tea
  • jenniferyogainstructor
    Options
    I think anything you can get there is made 100% healthier by replacing regular milk with soy.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I would opt for skinny latte. And add cinnamon instead of sugar :) I avoid soy.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I keep myself away unless I know I can afford the calories for a hot chocolate, lol!!!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Peppermint tea.
  • lindsaymo34
    Options
    Any of their "Skinny" drinks are decent on calories. I particularly like their Skinny Peppermint Mocha, which is 100 calories for tall and 130 calories for grande. A red eye is good too, which is just their drip coffee with a shot of espresso..