What is a healthy hot drink to get in starbucks?

Options
2»

Replies

• debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Tall skinny latte!! You can order a bunch of different sugar free flavors to go with your skinny latte (called "skinny" because it's made with skim milk and sugar free syrup of your choice) like sugar-free cinnamon dolce, hazelnut, vanilla, and caramel. One tall skinny latte (with or without sugar-free syrup) is about 110 calories. And you can make it a double--two shots of espresso--and get more caffeine without added calories!! Definitely my favorite thing to get at Starbucks.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I think anything you can get there is made 100% healthier by replacing regular milk with soy.

They don't usually offer lower fat versions of soy at Starbucks. Replacing skim milk with soy adds like 50-80 calories.
  • lossweightw2013
    Options
    If you like something sweet you can get a 12oz skinny(non-fat milk) latte any flavor for 90 calories and you can also get sugar free so you won't get all the sugar.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Tea or Coffee. Straight up, a splash of milk. That's about as healthy as you're going to get.
  • MissPiggy0718
    Options
    Americanos w/sugar free syrups & splenda or equal for more sweetness..i add in myself the nonfat creamer or ask for it on the side just a dsah all in all like `130 cals estimating high this is for a venti hot or cold :tongue: :drinker:
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    black coffee
  • cheekymits
    Options
    They say a skinny caramel macchiato,but it's packed with carbs.Whats amazing,and I have it everyday before work is black coffee-Christmas blend if it's in season-with sugar free vanilla or hazelnut syrup and a tiny splash of milk.Its a life saver.
  • Toenges1
    Toenges1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    If you don't like black coffee and don't want the full 100 calories, could you do a coffee with 2 Tbsp of half and half and a splenda (or use the powdered cinnamen and other flavors that they have ont he creamer bar). Although half and half is not your lowest calorie option - drinking 2 Tbsp with black coffee is a nice "treat" on a cold day and is about 1/2 the calories of a tall skinny latte.

Just a thought.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    You could also ask them to use half the number of pumps of flavor they use in the their coffee/lattes to help cut down the calories. I believe they use four pumps of flavored syrup in a medium sized drink, so you could ask for two.