high calorie healthy items to eat

Options
MJ7910
MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
I am getting near maintenance but i feel like i cannot eat that much in a day to get up to 1700 calories. my body has become used to about 1400-1500 and then starts to feel stuffed. can you help me think of things i could eat to make up the difference? i'm sure when i get used to the new amount of calories it will be fine but for now i just need a little push in the right direction.

Replies

• jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I like nuts and raisins, and peanut butter they are high in calories but good for you
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Peanuts, crazy high in cals.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Protein powder and make shakes and smoothies. Thats what I do when I need more cals.
  • Organic peanut butter, almonds, pistachios - any kind of nuts that aren't salted.
  • chocolate4life
    Options
    I love trail mix!!! high in calories but good for you at the same time :)
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Cheese, peanut butter
  • ninelives58
    ninelives58 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    avocados
    cheese
    peanut butter
    olive oil
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Gotta agree with the other comments. Healthier nuts like almonds and walnuts are high in calories, but also high in good fats. Fruit as well. Bananas (depending on the size) can have around 100 calories each.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Nuts are good. Avocado - yum! - has the healthy fat in it so it increases your calories. Cheese, eggs, and meats also are good (protein and fats together).
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Full fat dairy
    Nuts
    Peanut butter
    avacados
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Peanuts have 166 calories in one oz (about 2 Tbsp) and cheese is high in calories too. Sources of protien are alway filling for me.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    protein shakes,
    cheese,
    higher fat milk (in protein shakes too),
    red meat,
    eggs,
    nuts,
    higher fat yogurt
    cookies
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Seeds (sesame, sunflower, raw pumpkin)- great toping for salads.
  • Ashisrunning
    Options
    Cheese, peanut butter, trail mix, avacados,pasta, Nutella Hazel nut spread, salad dressings,butter,ChOcOlAtE( fun to type that way hehe) , BACON, Salmon, steak, meal replacement shakes, energy/protien bars, ICE CREAM! , Choicken pot pies, potatoe salads, sausage, Soy beans, Rice( brown, white, wild, mixed), dried fruit, Whole milk(if you like that kinda milk :P ), Lasagne, peanut butter and jelly, oatmeal( if you eat enough), pizza, olive oil, eggs( omlets,egg recipes), CHIPS any kind ( Sun Chips, Lays, Cheetoes, Doritoes) Donuts, Scones( if they have fruit in it * thats the healthy part), Tea( add, sugar and milk to it),
  • VlPassionlV
    Options
    Personal favorite: Cottage cheese 2% fat. Enjoy with a tbsp of jelly! Or purchase those 100cal cottage cheese individuals. Either/or is delicious.
  • Maymichelle
    Maymichelle Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I like to take a piece of 12 grain bread & spread natural peanut butter & hazelnut spread; however, my new found peanut butter love is the PB2...it's a lower calorie & fat. Check it out at http://www.bellplantation.com/
    Also, I do love nuts...I buy those planters boxes that already have the nuts in baggies so I don't over do it.
    Also, I like avacodos...I make guacomole & eat with veggies or baked chips.
  • regmcc
    regmcc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hemp heart, chia seeds both very good for you.