It can be done!

Options
mamasyd
mamasyd Posts: 80 Member
I just want to share a word of encouragement to all of those who have expressed concern about the upcoming holiday. Yes, Thanksgiving is one of those days that tends to be overwhelming in the area of food. It's a glutton's delight!! However, it is possible to make some wise choices and have a thoroughly satisfying Thanksgiving meal while maintaining a reasonable calorie count.

Our church family has a traditional feast day on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. We have some of the best cooks around - and today brought turkey, stuffing, and ALL the trimmings. There was an entire table covered with nothing but desserts!! By being reasonable with my choices and, especially, with my portion sizes I was able to experience a most satisfying meal for only 736 calories. That's less than a footlong sandwich at Subway (which I typically have every Sunday evening)!

Don't feel defeated by a day dedicated to food. Get proactive with your choices and fill up on some 'good for you' things before you head to the dessert table. Don't let one day set you back!!

My diary is public, for those who are curious as to the specifics! 8-)

Replies

• Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement!! i'm a little nervous about going over, but It helps to see and know that you could do it for 736 calories. That's awesome!~
  • tish30930
    tish30930 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I want to make sure I bring some cut veggies and lowcal dip. Maybe it will help me keep my hands out of the Hershey's Kisses and potatoe chip bowls before the actual "dinner". And try to be reasonable with the dinner portion. Wish me luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!