Hoping SOMETHING will finally work!

Options
Hi, I'm Caitlin from California. I've never been completely happy with my body- but for some reason lack the motivation to DO anything about it. I've gained 15 lbs since starting college, and I really want to be able to look back on my 20s knowing I looked the best I could. There is no guy, no specific day to prepare for, no taunting or cruelty about my weight... I just want to do this for ME. There is so much in my life that just feels completely out of control, I would like to know I have a handle on my own body.

I want to lose 20- 30 lbs and feel completely confident in my own skin. So I'll do it!

Replies

• caityjean
    caityjean Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi, I'm Caitlin from California. I've never been completely happy with my body- but for some reason lack the motivation to DO anything about it. I've gained 15 lbs since starting college, and I really want to be able to look back on my 20s knowing I looked the best I could. There is no guy, no specific day to prepare for, no taunting or cruelty about my weight... I just want to do this for ME. There is so much in my life that just feels completely out of control, I would like to know I have a handle on my own body.

I want to lose 20- 30 lbs and feel completely confident in my own skin. So I'll do it!
  • TexasMom
    TexasMom Posts: 70
    Options
    Welcome to fitnesspal. Stick with the daily program and you'll do great.

Just realizing what you eat and how many calories there are will make a huge difference in your ability to make choices.

I have a daughter finishing her 2nd year of college and she's struggled too. She swore she'd never gain the freshmen 15 but she did. Not too many good food choices in the cafeteria. :grumble: She actually can't wait till next year when she'll be in her own apartment fixing her own meals.

You're worth every moment you put into yourself so keep up the good work. Joining this site was a great first step.

Have a wonderful and blessed evening.
    Nita
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Doing this for you is the best reason to do it. Joining MPF is a great first step and I wish you the best of luck!!!
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You've got the mindset. Now all you need to do, in my opinion, is to keep moving forward. I'm motivated by this site because the expectations are reasonable. I can live with them. A pound a week? Nice to know that I don't have to starve, or buy special diet plans...

I'm like you. 20 pounds crept up on me, over time, and now I'm not satisfied with the way I look, or feel. And, like you, I'm trying to be proactive. Once I made up my mind that I didn't want to be this way, it was just a matter of finding this site (excellent resource) and following through.

So wishing you...and me...the best of luck. By this time next year, we'll be back to looking, and feeling, like our old selves.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: