Is Popcorn High in Calories??

Options
So is it??

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    It has about 100 calories for 6 air-popped cups, so no! And it's full of fiber. As long as you don't cover it in salt and butter, it's a fairly healthy snack :D
  • katey82
    katey82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    NO very good snack!! Just not the carmel covered or loads of butter and salt.
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    It has about 100 calories for 6 air-popped cups, so no! And it's full of fiber. As long as you don't cover it in salt and butter, it's a fairly healthy snack :D

This ^^, but I love butter, so I usually measure out a tblsp of butter and melt it in the microwave and drizzle it on top. Just gotta calculate the butter into the equation. ;)
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Buy the box of mini bags.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Buy the small bags, use butter spray , but avoid the kind in the movie theater.
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is very low in calories, but of course that depends on how you prepare it. I make popcorn quite often using a Stir-Crazy, which is awesome! I use a teaspoon of coconut oil (43 calories) and 1/4 cup of popcorn (110 calories), and some salt on top. It makes a lot, and is a great whole-grain snack for only 153 calories.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    If you buy the bulk bags of popcorn you can measure out as much as you want and pop it in a brown paper bag. It's much cheaper than the pre-packaged bags.
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Love's me some popcorn. I recently bought a variety bag Popcorn Indiana. Little snack size bags of yummy sweet/salty kettle corn and get this Cinnamon too! I didn't like the barbeque! gross. 92 cal each back. Quick whole grain snack.

I also love movie theatre popcorn ..I had some today with butter (oh my gosh) but I budgeted into my calories. I zig zag and today wasn't even a high day and I did fine. woohoo. love popcorn.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure. Did you try checking the MFP database, or perhaps the nutrition label of the popcorn?
  • allaboutaleah
    Options
    I buy the Jolly Time 100 calorie packs, butter flavored. It's good, no different in the taste just less calories, they also have plain and kettle corn
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I buy the Jolly Time 100 calorie packs, butter flavored. It's good, no different in the taste just less calories, they also have plain and kettle corn

Kettle corn popcorn is good.