Water?'s

ok..so for me, the only way I REALLY get my water in is to add those sugar free hawaiian punch pouches to my water....is this a bad thing to do? what do you all do?

Replies

• melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    You can try adding lemon juice with Stevia.
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    This is what I do also. Interested in what everyone has to say.
  • There are a lot of answers out there, but one I've heard is that you can drink up to half your water intake in mixed form (coffee, added flavor, tea, etc) but at least half should be plain old water.
  • Yes Mel I have tried that..but it's so plain tasting....I hope that is not hindering me..ya know..
  • midonhau
    midonhau Posts: 108 Member
    You could try adding cucumber, lemon or orange slices. The orange slices gives it a very refreshing taste. Be careful with the lemon, if you use too much it becomes too bitter and you may not want to drink it at all.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    The more you drink water, the more you will learn to enjoy it on its own. Artificial drink mixes are full of chemicals, and are most likely not the best things to put in your body. Try to make infused water to start before weaning yourself onto plain water.

http://www.organicauthority.com/juicy-spirits/how-to-make-fruit-infused-water.html

You can do it! :D
  • Just watch the caffeine. It ruins the whole idea of water mixed with something.
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    i am obsessed with the Hawaiian punch sugar free pouches. I don't really want to use them because they are a man made food. But I got to tell you the water here tastes different and it's really helping me get my water in ;)!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    The more you drink water, the more you will learn to enjoy it on its own. Artificial drink mixes are full of chemicals, and are most likely not the best things to put in your body. Try to make infused water to start before weaning yourself onto plain water.

http://www.organicauthority.com/juicy-spirits/how-to-make-fruit-infused-water.html

You can do it! :D

I agree. All the artificial ingredients, especially the sweeteners, are not good for your body.
  • wreath7
    wreath7 Posts: 104 Member
    Too many chemicals in them. Really is best to just run your water through a Britta filter.But it's better to use the packets than to drink no water at all...
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Just watch the caffeine. It ruins the whole idea of water mixed with something.

Why do you say that? The caffeine in drinks is far, far outweighed by the actual water in it.
  • Mimzy_me
    Mimzy_me Posts: 10 Member
    I found flavored bottled waters years ago, they used to be 50 cents for 1 liter 33.8 oz (1 qt. 1.8 fl. oz) and I drink about 1.5 bottles a day. They have lots of variety, like black cherry, key lime and kiwi strawberry. The ones I drink now have b vitamins added. The bottle states 0 for calories, fat, sodium, carbs, sugars & proteins, plus no juice either. It gives me some vitamins while making water more drinkable.

I get mine from Food Lion, but Walmart also has them and more flavors. I'm not much for carbonation, so I open a bottle and then refrigerate it so that it loses some of the fizz. They're really good flat...lol or at least, I think they are. It's the only way I'd get a good amount of water daily. My water has a metallic taste to it and just doesn't taste good, this way I can get enough water.
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    If it weren't for Crystal Lite I would never drink water. I drink one bottle w/c.l and then force myself to drink one bottle of plain water. That's the only way I can tolerate it.