does anyone else sweat when they eat soup?

Options
Anytime I have soup, I sweat. I wonder if this is normal? Im not much of a soup eater but for the past couple weeks i've been having soup a few times -- and It makes me sweat something awful (like I just went outside and ran; and I rarely sweat, it takes a lot for me to sweat. My fiance likes to poke fun at me and say that I have poor sweat glands) even the crease in my arms is all clammy.

The soup is hott, but not "that" hott. I let it cool before eating it. =/ I know this probably sounds like the stupidest question, but Im seriously curious about this lol

Replies

• meshellmybell76
    meshellmybell76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness! so do I!!! And you're timing of this post is amazing. Just had soup tonight and was sweating something fierce and was contemplating it. The sweat factor might have something to do with why it is helpful when you are sick. You sweat all the nasties out (very untechnical explanation for a nurse!)
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Is it spicy soup? the spice-heat factor can make you sweat when you eat foods with lots of 'heat'. And if combined with hot temperature, it's a double whammy.
  • MrsPeavley
    MrsPeavley Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Coffee, soup, hot tea all do the same to me! I am hot natured tho!
  • celewis2011
    celewis2011 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    my late husband use to sweat and it didnt matter what he ate , we would joke with him and tell him to slow down and breath but he usually had to have a towel near him , the sweat would run down his face
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness! so do I!!! And you're timing of this post is amazing. Just had soup tonight and was sweating something fierce and was contemplating it. The sweat factor might have something to do with why it is helpful when you are sick. You sweat all the nasties out (very untechnical explanation for a nurse!)

I was on fire! at first I thought, clearly this soup is still to hott and im sweating because of the heat coming off the soup, so I let it cool some more before eating it and that just wasnt working.. lol I was wiggin out!
  • smkcx♥
    Options
    Is it spicy soup? the spice-heat factor can make you sweat when you eat foods with lots of 'heat'. And if combined with hot temperature, it's a double whammy.

well it is pretty warm in my house & no the soups not spicey =/
  • smkcx♥
    Options
    Coffee, soup, hot tea all do the same to me! I am hot natured tho!

im so glad other people have this problem, i was beginning to think I was alone lol!! I'm warm natured as well, I have to have a fan on at all times, but I hardly ever sweat and here recently thats all I do (but I have been eating alot of soup) lol
  • eyoungone05
    Options
    yeah I sweat when eating soup lol weird hahahahahah